What is your pet getting for Christmas?

Comments

• his_missus
    his_missus Posts: 3,363 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    My kitties will get to wake up with Grandma and Uncle Tommo (mum and her dog) as mum's staying over on Christmas Eve. They'll get to fight over empty boxes and piles of wrapping paper and will get some turkey for lunch.

My 2 SILs will probably buy them some toys and treats which will end up in the PAH charity tub as my cats have no inclination for either. Who needs toys when a stray piece of paper or a little stone on the kitchen floor can provide many hours of entertainment?
  • Salem, Gizmo and Misty (cats) are getting a new ceiling scratch post, a new flying frenzy and a big tub of catnip. They'll get the duck giblets and some raw meat for a Christmas treat with the exception of Salem who won't eat anything unless it's in kibble form, he'll get a few dreamies. My mum's bought them loads of treats. DD has bought them a fish on a pole toy and a feather duster looking thing.

Pumpkin (hamster, new addition) is getting some apple wood treats, hamster choc drops, a couple of items from Fuzzbutts for his cage and a some raw veg for his Christmas tea. My mum's bought him some seed treats and a small bag of nuts in their shells (she's took out the almonds). DD has bought him a gnawing strawberry and some banana chips.
  • Sagz_2
    Sagz_2 Posts: 6,251 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Me!
    no work for a week so they will get my attention :)
    Some days you're the dog..... most days you're the tree! :D
  • trolleyrun
    trolleyrun Posts: 1,382 Forumite
    Pipsqueak will get a pig's ear and I might get her a bed of her own :)
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 15 December 2014 at 3:32PM
    They get 'rich pickings' ( pet safe left overs from the Christmas table not with their meals but as a special extra treat.

The dogs have a stocking which has an antler for each dog in it. This is because its nice to have something interesting and time consuming to chew on a day where they might get stinted on a longer run.

Because neither of them much like bad weather its a time of year they get new toys to help occupy them. So they have four new toys between them. We'll gather up they old ones for a while and dole these out two at a time. I don't think of these as Christmas gifts, but rather as Christmas, or Christmas Eve, or the busi days around that time being a good time to give them.

Despite bad weather dislike, its also a time of year my DH is home for a bit longer than usual, so on all good days they get a longer walk than usual and lots of time with both of us, often working out side.

A friend's family also gave them a rope toy already and often my clients give them toys at Christmas.
  • RuthnJasper
    RuthnJasper Posts: 4,032 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Jasper always used to get more presents than I did! :o

Gisele will get some of her favourite chews, I expect. She does quite well during the year and has already got lots of toys. A nice walk at her favourite local countryside park after lunch will be her best treat, I think!

I'm working Christmas Eve and New Years' Day at the out-of-hours vets, so hoping that'll be quiet. Fingers crossed for not too many dogs poisoned by chocolate or raisins/sultanas...

Have a fab Chrimble everyone. xx
  • arbrighton
    arbrighton Posts: 2,011 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Doglet will probably have a new collar and a chase toy from my sister, some turkey, a squeaky toy from us and treats. And to be allowed onto the carpet at mum and dad's house (fingers crossed for best behaviour!!)
  • Kinski
    Kinski Posts: 874 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post PPI Party Pooper
    My pair don't need anymore toys they don't play with the ones they have, they're getting loads of different treats from a couple of brilliant pet shops. I've also bought this from fish4dogs http://www.fish4dogs.com/Products/adult-goody-bag.aspx, it's a fantastic bag of stuff for them and depending on how my pair are with what's there I'll be ordering some of the things in it. I do quite fancy making muffins with the mousse that's in the bag I just need to find a recipe.
  • calicocat
    calicocat Posts: 5,698 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Chutzpah Haggler
    Mine has already got hers.

New scratch tree as other was falling apart (cant complain as had it 13yrs..!)...and a new toilet...:)

Thankfully, she has agreed to use both...phew......:rotfl:

I say that as a scratch tree I bought her a couple of years ago she refused to use...(it is in the loft for the next one).

A friend has bought her a red diamate collar...which she may or may not wear.

That's it.

Oh and a whole bunch of silver foil balls made (her favourite toy)...and some cat drugs in the evening..:D.
    Yep...still at it, working out how to retire early.:D....... Going to have to rethink that scenario as have been screwed over by the company. A work in progress.
  • suse*
    suse* Posts: 303 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Nothing she's a dog and doesn't know it is christmas. I'm not getting anything either though, so I don't see why a dog should get more than me.
    [STRIKE]Original Mortgage 07/07 £160000 LTV 100% [/STRIKE]Remortgaged 10/13 £118000 LTV 84%
    Outstanding 02/12/14 £107652.40
    LTV 76%
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family