PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Baking quick questions

1113114115116117119»

Comments

• I've promised the kids flapjack for pudding after dinner tonight but my scales have given up on me.

I'm scouring the web but just can't find the help I need,so thought you trusty lot would be kind enough to come to the rescue!

I need to use 225 grams of treacle, what would this convert to in tablespoons?

I think I can work the rest out myself.

Thanks to anyone that helps
    Mummy to ds 29/12/06 dd 10/2/08 ds 25/5/11
    :Amy angel born too soon 18/11/12, always with me Emmie Faith:A

15 projects in 2015 10/15completed
  • kboss2010
    kboss2010 Posts: 1,466 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    According to the nutritional info on the tin, 139 g= 100 mL

So you need approx. 160 mL of treacle to get 225 g

Hope that helps!
    “I want to be a glow worm, A glow worm's never glum'Coz how can you be grumpy, when the sun shines out your bum?" ~ Dr A. TappingI'm finding my way back to sanity again... but I don't really know what I'm gonna do when I get there~ LifehouseWhat’s fur ye will make go by ye… but also what’s not fur ye, ye can jist scroll on by!
  • As near as I can find and it's not very clear in any of the conversion charts 225g = half a pound i.e 8oz. 1 american cup is = to 8 oz. If you have a measuring jug try measuring out 8fl oz of treacle or if you have cup measures 1 cup should be the same as 8oz.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,572 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    15 tbsps according to my friend google.

http://www.convertunits.com/from/tablespoons/to/gram
  • On the jar of Morrisons that I have in the cupboard it says 1 tablespoon is 21 grams if that's any help, so about 10 to 11 tablespoons, fairly level ones I think.
  • Thanks everyone!
    I used a american cup set I have (for the first time since I got it four years ago!)

Thriftytwosome, why did I not think of looking on the jar!
    Mummy to ds 29/12/06 dd 10/2/08 ds 25/5/11
    :Amy angel born too soon 18/11/12, always with me Emmie Faith:A

15 projects in 2015 10/15completed
  • zippychick
    zippychick Posts: 9,364 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    ive merged this with baking quick questions

Zip
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men :cool:
    Norn Iron club member #380

• Hi, Last week I tried some cupcakes and the frosting/icing on it was extremely light, almost like mousse. It was gorgeous. It was like nothing I've made before, does anyone know what sort of frosting/icing this would be called? All the cupcake buttercream recipes I have tried before have been nothing like this and much heavier.
    Any advice would be appreciated :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport