New M&S sale

Options
pjran
pjran Posts: 1,902 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
edited 12 July 2017 at 9:33AM in It's gone, but was it any good?
If you're lucky enough to have priority access to M&S sales you benefit from choosing all sale items with a 50% off. This is a great offer as last time they had a sale I bought a couple of items which once live to everyone never came down to half price.

I assume the sale goes live tomorrow for those without priority access and sure some will find bargains.

I can't post a link without it showing my a/c

Official MoneySavingExpert insert Tue 11 Jul: The M&S up to 50% off sale is now available online (http://www.marksandspencer.com/c/offers) and in stores, with discounts on selected lines in the clothing, beauty, home and wine departments. M&S told us the sale's on while stock lasts.
Big thanks to pjran for the original spot!
[purplesignup][/purplesignup]

Comments

• SnowyOwl_2
    SnowyOwl_2 Posts: 5,257 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 10 July 2017 at 1:07PM
    Options
    Search for Sparks preview sale on the M&S webpage - that might be it.
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Do these sales extend to the large outlets? I ask because I find myself in close proximity to one today. I'll pop in if I have time this evening.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,897 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Just been into the Guildford store, very few mens bits but some great bargains in ladies wear. Rows and rows of it.

Only thing in the home section on sale was bedding that had a little bit knocked off.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • sampan26
    sampan26 Posts: 643 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    I feel slightly ripped off by the "sale".
    Yesterday was the preview, and when I'd finished work I checked it out, items added to my basket, at 50% off, then said out of stock when I tried to check out.
    But the items stayed in my basket, and showed in stock again this morning, full price.
    M&S then said they had "technical difficulties" in a tweet to me, in a reply as to why the sale wasn't live this morning,
    Then when it went live around 11am, the items then showed as 30% off, not the 50% which was offered yesterday.
    I don't get it? I feel a bit ripped off being a Sparks member.
  • murphy16
    murphy16 Posts: 10 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I tried to shop in the 50% off preview, I picked several things that were showing in stock in my size. Went to pay for them and got a message that everything I wanted was out of stock. Total waste of my time.
  • Whalie
    Whalie Posts: 209 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 13 July 2017 at 12:46PM
    Options
    Everything I had in my basket was out of stock too! Spent time going through it all only to be disappointed. When will we actually get anything worthwhile being a Sparks member!
  • Scrapmate
    Scrapmate Posts: 84 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Same thing happened to me. then I got an email the next day to say that I had outstanding items in my basket (the same items that were OOS the day before). I complained to customer services and got a bland reply back on the lines of 'sorry you were unsuccessful but hopefully you will pick up some other bargains'. Then I got an email asking if my query had been resolved successfully! So I told them exactly what I thought of their cr** website and being a 'privileged Sparks member'. Waiting for a response...
    BTW did anyone manage to buy anything at 50% off ?
    Use your stuff challenge 50/50
  • sarah1972
    Options
    [QUOTE
    BTW did anyone manage to buy anything at 50% off ?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I got some ladies wear bits and pieces (tops, trousers, underwear and dresses)
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • grunnie
    grunnie Posts: 1,789 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I did 5 orders on Sunday, the money was taken from my account on Tuesday but the delivery date is Thursday of next week. Usually they don't take the money till dispatch. Anyone else had this? Not pleased.:mad:
  • sarah1972
    Options
    grunnie wrote: »
    I did 5 orders on Sunday, the money was taken from my account on Tuesday but the delivery date is Thursday of next week. Usually they don't take the money till dispatch. Anyone else had this? Not pleased.:mad:

I order a lot from M&S and I have only ever had the money taken out at point of order and never on the despatch day.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure