Cross Stitch Cafe 2016 - Spend Less and Stitch More

Comments

• Maisie
    The hydrangeas are for me,I am going to turn it in to a cushion for my bedroom,on the look out for some pretty material,
    I wish I had done it on evenweave,I think it would have looked better,I might do another, see how it turns out.
    nnm
    Hugs coming your way,lost pets myself and can still cry over them,still miss them.
    Cute little cat��
  • Maisie_M
    Maisie_M Posts: 1,524 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    fos - The stitch along is lovely. I think these are a great way of motivating us to sew every month although I think I would need to end up with months and months to catch up lol. I really love the 'merry and bright' a fabulous christmas one. Well done on your completion.

Coxy I googled your catching shells and it is really sweet.

Kezy Winnie the pooh is really coming to life. We have one that my great aunt did for my son when he was born and he totally adores it (he's 11 now!!)

Beg the snowman is great and I am sure it will just suddenly 'pop' when the babs are done.

Nmm kirri the cat looks so cute. Sorry to hear about Missy.

Mrs Ceejay the colours are lovely for a bedroom and it will look great as a cushion. I really need to get the courage up to try cushions as there a few places I would like to make some from.

I am going to start my valentines ones this weekend - well I have three to do so better get a boogie on.
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,861 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Morning all,

Kez - great update on Winnie. Lovely and colourful.
    b-e-g - the snowman looks amazing. The BABS will really make it come alive.
    f-o-s - lovely finish and the S-A-L is great.
    nmm - sorry to hear about Missy (((hugs))) Kiri the cat is very cute.
    Mrs Ceejay - hydrangeas are coming along really quickly.

Not a lot of stitching over this past two weeks. I had four consecutive nights of meetings last week, and this week has been SW, youth club and parents evening. I have taken a photo - now need to see if the iPad plays ball in uploading it lol!

Off to take DD to a rugby festival shortly. Hope you all have a good day, whatever you're up to.
    Coxy

NB. Nope it doesn't work! Will have to use the laptop ��
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading The Various Haunts of Men by Susan Hill 1/24
  • Coxy11
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading The Various Haunts of Men by Susan Hill 1/24
  • nmm
    nmm Posts: 2,382 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Hi all, thanks for the lovely messages about Missy, still miss the poor little thing, I have the stitch your pet book so i'm going to do a project with all my pets in. Anyway Leopard update time, its getting there definitely can't wait to do the bright butterfly next something more colourful :)

jnm_leopard_update_310116_zpsm8qjep2a.jpg

Coxy on photobucket select the direct link just click in the box to copy it, then click this icon insertimage.gif in the reply box here and paste to make your photo show up.
    Cross Stitch Cafe Member No1WIP: Cross Stitch: Seascape Kit - Crochet:
  • https://www.flickr.com/photos/101718380@N08/24892062865/in/dateposted-public/
    Started this on Saturday,its home is where the heart is,finished the hydrangeas,trying to get the finished photo on here but flicker isn't playing
  • https://www.flickr.com/photos/101718380@N08/24892075125/in/dateposted-public/

This should be the hydrangeas,just need to keep my eye out for some pretty material to make fusion case,
    Weather is foul here so coffee and stitching is called for I think
  • Great update on collecting shells Coxy, it's coming on well
    Not much of leopard left now nmm, it's looking great
    Mrsceejay hydrangras look fab and I'm guessing home is where the heart is is a Union Jack lovely neat stitching
    They all look brill.

I've been didn't other sewing recently I must get some stitching done.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • Thanks for the lovely comments, I haven't done much lately, though I'm concentrating on my second sock.
  • Coxy11
    Great updates everyone.

nmm - the leopard looks amazing. Can't wait to see the butterfly!

Mrs ceejay - great finish on hydrangeas and it didn't take you long at all. You sure you haven't got a clone lol!

I've not done much more on Collecting Shells - busy weekend with DS1's birthday then panto on Saturday, then a visit to A&E with DS1 (chest pains and tingling down his arm) then a visit to my recently widowed Auntie yesterday. Did a little stitching this afternoon and will try a bit more before we go away on Sunday. We are skiing (21 of us sharing a chalet) so not conducive to stitching as too much apres ski will be going on :D

Coxy
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure