Less than 12 weeks pregnant club! Part 4!!

Comments

• wendz86
    wendz86 Posts: 7,171 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Great news downhillfast!

Welcome weesmiler .

Glad appointment went well Jedi . I will have to see a consultant too because of c section and failure to progress.
  • Wendz have you seen your midwife yet? My nhs trust seen pro vbac (vaginal birth after csection) which I am really pleased about. There is also a vbac group on facebook which I find really helpful.

I haven't mentioned that I am keen on a home both yet. Apparently I will get an appointment in the vbac clinic to discuss options with the doc.
    :jMarried 16/07/2010, ds1 born 11/08/12, baby due 08/05/2015
  • I haven't mentioned that I am keen on a home both yet. Apparently I will get an appointment in the vbac clinic to discuss options with the doc.

Hi... been reading but not said anything yet, I'm about 12 weeks pg with 3rd, so I'm on my way out from this thread anyway! But I just saw your post, and wanted to say that I had an emergency c/s with my first, and was really desperate to have a 'normal' birth with the second. My community midwife was the only one who supported my desire to have a home-birth - the consultant really laid into me and was quite horrible and insulting at my consultant appointment. Thankfully I wasn't put off, and went on to have a lovely straight forward home birth. I was a midwife (no longer working) and even so, the only person who supported me was my midwife - she got it in the neck from her colleagues, too!
    Just bear in mind that consultants (and regs) have only ever seen a handful, if any, normal deliveries - they are only ever called in when there are problems, and it skews their perception of the liklihood and scale of problems. If you've got a consultant midwife at your hospital, she's the best high up person to talk to - maybe ask your community midwife is she knows if there's a consultant midwife and who she is, and see how you can get to chat to her.
    All the best!
  • Hi Ladies,

I was told about this thread just today.

Story is we went through IVF with embryo transfer done on Sept 21st 2014 and 2 weeks after that we done test and it came back positive.

The question I am asking now is that my wife has had some brown discharge and some cramps, would that be a bad thing or a normal thing during very early pregnancy?

Thanks in advance.

L
  • sulphate
    sulphate Posts: 1,235 Forumite
    livenlearn wrote: »
    Hi Ladies,

I was told about this thread just today.

Story is we went through IVF with embryo transfer done on Sept 21st 2014 and 2 weeks after that we done test and it came back positive.

The question I am asking now is that my wife has had some brown discharge and some cramps, would that be a bad thing or a normal thing during very early pregnancy?

Thanks in advance.

L

**delurking**

Firstly congratulations. Does your wife have any contact information for her midwife? If not then she should try contacting her GP.

I called my midwife when I was about 8 weeks as I had bad cramps that woke me up at night. She said it was normal but if I had any bleeding then they would book me in for an early scan.

However your wife is only around 3 weeks pregnant so I would be surprised if they do a scan so early as there is not much to see. It may well be just implantation bleeding. They might say see how it goes.

It might reassure you to know that brown discharge/bleeding is considered "better" than bright red blood as it's more likely to be implantation bleeding/"old" blood.

**relurks**
  • sulphate wrote: »
    **delurking**

Firstly congratulations. Does your wife have any contact information for her midwife? If not then she should try contacting her GP.

I called my midwife when I was about 8 weeks as I had bad cramps that woke me up at night. She said it was normal but if I had any bleeding then they would book me in for an early scan.

However your wife is only around 3 weeks pregnant so I would be surprised if they do a scan so early as there is not much to see. It may well be just implantation bleeding. They might say see how it goes.

It might reassure you to know that brown discharge/bleeding is considered "better" than bright red blood as it's more likely to be implantation bleeding/"old" blood.

**relurks**

Hi,

thanks for your reply!

From what I have been reading if its red and quite a bit plus cramping that its a bad sign.

Because we had been trying for 5 years then been involved with the IVF for 2 years we are a little concerned when things like this happen.

Its good to know that others are/where in a similar situation that I wife is in.

Thanks
  • wendz86
    wendz86 Posts: 7,171 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Wendz have you seen your midwife yet? My nhs trust seen pro vbac (vaginal birth after csection) which I am really pleased about. There is also a vbac group on facebook which I find really helpful.

I haven't mentioned that I am keen on a home both yet. Apparently I will get an appointment in the vbac clinic to discuss options with the doc.

Mine are very pro it too although I'm not so sure haha . They do a vbac class that I will go to. I was told last time that is would have to push for it if I wanted a c section.
  • sulphate wrote: »
    **delurking**

**relurks**

*delurking*

Just to say my knowledge is the same as this very good advice and wouldn't offer any extra. Unfortunately as development is so tiny at this stage a scan would not be able to pick up much, if anything at all and might just be unhelpful.

CONGRATULATIONS :beer:. BTW, you have obviously experienced a lot of waiting during your TTC journey. I am afraid there seems to be a lot of waiting now also. Waiting for scans, blood tests, results, bleeding to stop, movements, birth, to know that everything is ok. I think a lot of people find the rollercoaster keeps on going. I have found these threads so helpful in terms of surviving it as much as possible.

Here's to an uneventful pg for you both.

*re-lurking*
    Met DH to be 2010
    Moved in and engaged 2011
    Married 2012
    Bought a house 2013
    Expecting our first 2014 :T
  • lucyvdb7 wrote: »
    Hi... been reading but not said anything yet, I'm about 12 weeks pg with 3rd, so I'm on my way out from this thread anyway! But I just saw your post, and wanted to say that I had an emergency c/s with my first, and was really desperate to have a 'normal' birth with the second. My community midwife was the only one who supported my desire to have a home-birth - the consultant really laid into me and was quite horrible and insulting at my consultant appointment. Thankfully I wasn't put off, and went on to have a lovely straight forward home birth. I was a midwife (no longer working) and even so, the only person who supported me was my midwife - she got it in the neck from her colleagues, too!
    Just bear in mind that consultants (and regs) have only ever seen a handful, if any, normal deliveries - they are only ever called in when there are problems, and it skews their perception of the liklihood and scale of problems. If you've got a consultant midwife at your hospital, she's the best high up person to talk to - maybe ask your community midwife is she knows if there's a consultant midwife and who she is, and see how you can get to chat to her.
    All the best!

Thank you Lucy for your positive story. If i do see a consultant re the vbac thing I know quite a few of them as used to work in that department as a secretary 10 years ago. I probably feel more comfortable arguing with a stranger then someone I know. Will see how it goes.

I know there are so many things that could mean homebirth doesn't happen for me but I am trying to remain positive.
    :jMarried 16/07/2010, ds1 born 11/08/12, baby due 08/05/2015
  • List is the list from a couple of days ago, if you are new or have any updates please copy list update and repost

Users, EDD’s and scan dates

1. midnight_ninja - EDD 22.04.2015 – Midwife 29.09.2014, scan 09.10.2014
    2. Maysie – EDD 22.04.2015 – Scan 08.10.2014
    3. gayleygoo – EDD 22.04.2015
    4. georgie262 – EDD 24.04.2015
    5. Phoenix01 – EDD 27.04.2015
    6. jovie – EDD 02.05.2015
    7. downhillfast – EDD 03.05.2015
    8. Angelmommy – EDD 06.05.2015 – Midwife 08.10.2014 - Scan 20.10.2014
    9. crazycatlady2014 – EDD 07.05.2015 – Scan 20.10.2014
    10. jediquiqley – EDD 13.05.2015 – Midwife appt 09.10.2014
    11. janed9388 – EDD 17.05.2015