Been Made Redundant - final Pay?

I have just been made redundant, and I understand what Stat. redundancy payment I am entitled to, and the company is paying me in lieu of notice also, so I leave immediately.

However, I was officially made redundant yesterday, so should I still receive Janaury's salary up to yesterdays date, or will that just become part of the stat. redundancy or the payment in lieu of notice?

Cheers for any advice offered.

MJ

Comments

• McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,819 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Yes you should receive any salary owed up to the day you finish work.
    Your notice period ie salary in lieu of notice should start today.
    Hope you get a job soon x
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • Thanks for the reply - at least now I know I should get some of this months salary, as well as the redundancy payments due.

Have already started enquiring around, and with agencies, but I work in Architecture, as an Architectural Technician, and its gone very quiet, with loads of firms either taking the same action or not taking anyone on at present.

Might need to consider a career change!

MJ
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,819 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Hello again, i see you are in Newcastle, are you a real geordie or do you just live (and hopefully) work there. I dont live there now but was born and bred in Walker (pronounced Waaker, next to Waallsend.) Go back now and again
    i was there last Saturday on the quayside showing my daughter the sites.
    i never tire of the sites of Newcastle. I lived there for 18 years and never looked above eye level until i visited later on in my life. The architecture is just fabulous. i just have to stand at Earl Greys feet and look around for a few minutes everytime i visit.
    Anyway, Its just awful about jobs these days, there is such a knock on effect to other trades. I work for a concrete component manufacturer and a building contractor company and have noticed the downturn of enquiries.

Good luck
    Annie
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport