PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

KonMari 2016 - The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up

Comments

• silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Pavlovsdog - well done on your purge of receipts etc. I found it very handy to write model and serial numbers on manuals - Justin! It saves you having to get large items moved as they are always on the back!!
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • pavlovs_dog
    pavlovs_dog Posts: 10,199 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    silvasava wrote: »
    Pavlovsdog - well done on your purge of receipts etc. I found it very handy to write model and serial numbers on manuals - Justin! It saves you having to get large items moved as they are always on the back!!

fab idea, i'll bear that in mind as and when we replace the white goods. :T
    know thyself
    Nid wy'n gofyn bywyd moethus...
  • MMF007
    MMF007 Posts: 1,375 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I shall learn from the best, thanks Karmacat and Mila! Only flaw in the idea to eat the first portion was that DH had scoffed it before I got up to fetch mine from the kitchen!! You see I was engrossed in researching a possible weekend away for my birthday in a couple of months' time...!

Hey-ho, I put him in the doghouse for a short time but I have let him out now :rotfl: I am too busy celebrating the 1.5 stone loss I reached this morning (ahead of target by nearly a week). So, onwards and inwards!

We seem to have Kondo'd the outside light. The bulb went and in the process of taking light apart to replace bulb, the screw sheared off - cheap rubbish soft metal, not overly brute force:). DH drilled the remains out but then decided it is such poor quality that not worthy of repair. He's checking out replacements and the old one is already in bag to go to tip on Monday.

I have also found a new home for the old bathroom scales, when SIL mentioned starting a diet I
    offered them and she is delighted.

I am trying to think of a way to set up my stepper so I can excercise in the evening without disturbing DH. Our 2 up / 2 down house does mean that it is not easy to get away from each other and the stepper is too heavy to go upstairs so it's the lounge In FRONT of the telly, or the dining bit of the kitchen......I shall get my tape measure out tomorrow and see if moving things round a bit will make it possible. I bought the stepper secondhand and it is super quality and I have enjoyed using it but it got dissembled so we could entertain more than 2 people at a time :rotfl::rotfl:
    I have changed my work-life balance to a life-work balance. :grin:
  • Siebrie
    Siebrie Posts: 2,900 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I have kondoed one strawberry bed today, and made very sure the lily of the valley plants that had started to grow among them were removed with as much root as possible. Even though I like the flower, they are weeds to me.

The strawberry plants were all leaf and no fruit :( I had not got round to thinning them out last year and the bed was just too congested. Even last night's downpour did not reach the soil underneath the plants; it was still completely dry. I will put a few from the runners (tiny plants that were grown from the mother plant - strawberries crawl and colonise the area) back at decent distances and hope to stay on top.

My gardening is practical at best: I have limited time and money, if I have time I will do what I fancy doing, if I don't have time, the garden has to look after itself :)
    Are you wombling, too, in '22? € 58,96 = £ 52.09Wombling in Restrictive Times (2021) € 2.138,82 = £ 1,813.15Wombabeluba 2020! € 453,22 = £ 403.842019's wi-wa-wombles € 2.244,20 = £ 1,909.46Wombling to wealth 2018 € 972,97 = £ 879.54Still a womble 2017 #25 € 7.116,68 = £ 6,309.50Wombling Free 2016 #2 € 3.484,31 = £ 3,104.59
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,139 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    I've cleaned and organised most of the garage today. It was filthy from the builders working in there. So three bays of shelves sorted, small freezer defrosted. Floor mats cleaned.

Haven't cleaned the dust from the stuff stored in the roof. It can be dealt with as and when it comes down. It may need reorganising as my DB & SIL need to store a table and chairs. My brother took some carpet, a door and a radiator to the tip today.

There are heavy duty rubber mats on the floor (from the previous owners) which I've hoovered. Still quite a bit to do, but I have sorted the paint and can now get to most stuff. It's not a great storage space as there's a huge open space in the middle and not enough space to store things round the edges.

Kids are here this weekend - we've cleared a bit of the stream and put my dad's old decoy ducks in it. Including two "ducks' bums" which kept them entertained :) Two more bags of weed removed. Hopefully I can clear some more tomorrow.

I've also got a box for the CS. Mostly from my SILs flat, but a couple of fan heaters I never use are in there. I have oil-filled radiators for when the heating is off.

I've also finally managed to mow and get the grass under control, but need to lower the mower blades and do a second cut on most of it asap as otherwise it'll grow too long again the moment it rains.

Still LOTS to do in the garden, and my office is a mess, but slowly getting back control. It'll probably all be sorted in time for the builders to start again!
  • mavvymoo
    mavvymoo Posts: 2,152 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud! Mortgage-free Glee!
    Morning all :D

On Friday I got a phone call from a customer service manager at Yodel and yesterday my parcel turns up.:eek: The person who I purchased from had got involved and between us somehow its here :)

I spoke to the driver and he had already done 63 deliveries and had 11 more after mine. So I said thats a lot. He said oh no this is an easy day Saturdays are our short days :eek::eek:
    I do really feel for these drivers what a lot they have to do.

Caught up quickly with Mrs MP and her DH yesterday and helped her kondo 3 books :) One of which I have already started and its really good.So thank you Mrs MP I will donate on when I have finished with them in the best kondo style ;)She very kindly purchased some raffle tickets which I have written Mrs MP on so I hope she wins and they have to call out Mrs Mp :rotfl:Over the tannoy

We will have a longer catch up in August hopefully as we never have enough time on a flying visit and she really is as nice in RL as she is on here :D

Well my plan today is to avoid the bootsale as I have my own bootsale to deal with at the village hall :eek:

Pick up hangers/print off loads of notices etc and put 2 more rails up for the clothes and sort some more clothes out. Pick up Pimms etc drinks etc and make some sort of hamper/box type thingy to hold the drinks hamper for the raffle. I am not paying £10 for a basket. I will make it Blue Peter style :D and I am sure it will look Blue Peter style as well :rotfl:

Mav x

Debt free and Mortgage free thank you to all for your encouragement and advice
    :j
    Crazy Clothes challenge £300/£48 and 5 months /0 without spending :T

• mavvymoo
    mavvymoo Posts: 2,152 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud! Mortgage-free Glee!
    I have been watching the kits this morning and one of them has got the biggest ears I have ever seen on a cat. It looks like a long eared bat. So the first kit has got her/his name say hello to 'Cricket' :)

Mav x

Debt free and Mortgage free thank you to all for your encouragement and advice
    :j
    Crazy Clothes challenge £300/£48 and 5 months /0 without spending :T

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    MMF007 wrote: »
    I shall learn from the best, thanks Karmacat and Mila! Only flaw in the idea to eat the first portion was that DH had scoffed it before I got up to fetch mine from the kitchen!! You see I was engrossed in researching a possible weekend away for my birthday in a couple of months' time...!

Hey-ho, I put him in the doghouse for a short time but I have let him out now :rotfl: I am too busy celebrating the 1.5 stone loss I reached this morning (ahead of target by nearly a week). So, onwards and inwards!
    I see your point :rotfl::rotfl:
    mavvymoo wrote: »
    I have been watching the kits this morning and one of them has got the biggest ears I have ever seen on a cat. It looks like a long eared bat. So the first kit has got her/his name say hello to 'Cricket' :)
    Awww! My neighbour's cat likes to sit on my patio sometimes - she sits right underneath my kitchen window, so I never see her, but yesterday I was sitting near the back door, cooling down, and she obviously disapproved of me sharing *her* patio :D so stalked by me and off into the distance :rotfl:
    Save
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • grunnie
    grunnie Posts: 1,789 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    mavvymoo - Cricket the cat I like that :D
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,244 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    I love the way some pets earn their names - we rescued a spotted cat, to be called Domino, but after the plaintive looks and being given his third bowl of food, he was known as Oliver :D
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills