TMTI Cancellation? can it be done

Comments

• hotkee
    hotkee Posts: 505 Forumite
    Well result for me - I got a call from a nice lady at dialaphone who has informed me that the gadget helpline has been cancelled for my account. A+ for service I think (there was me moaning).
  • Just had this item appear on my bank statement as a direct debit for the first time. I am 12 months into an 18 month contract. I cancelled the insurance element 12 months ago, why has it suddenly appeared? Any suggestions? MAny thanks in anticipation.
  • OneADay
    OneADay Posts: 9,031 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Just had this item appear on my bank statement as a direct debit for the first time. I am 12 months into an 18 month contract. I cancelled the insurance element 12 months ago, why has it suddenly appeared? Any suggestions? MAny thanks in anticipation.

You should have a reference number from TMTI Gadget Helpline. This is sent to you when you take out a contract.

You can then use that to cancel your gadget helpline here https://secure.tmti.net/vip/

Enter the reference number, the bank account number on account and your email address.

If done in first 30 days of contract, you do not incur a charge. After that it is 30 days notice.
  • I logged on to my t'internet banking last night to find out that TMTI Ltd had debited £17.65 from my account also. I certainly never received a welcome letter or anything confirming a direct debit would be deducted. I've just contacted them now and they have cancelled the agreement and agreed to refund in full. They said it can take up to 10 working days for the money to go back into my account. I expected a fight but it was so easy.

Now, to sort out the insurance that they will start deducting sometime soon!!
  • I got my web deal from E2save, and got a gadget helpline letter within 3 days-The service covers Laptop/PC support/gaming/cameras/tv etc etc and all other gadgets in your home..Compared to Virgins new Digital Help service at £6.99 a month ( GH is £2.99 a month, taken in 6 months chunks) its cheap..However I wished to cancel so called 08444772995 and was put through to a helpful lady who cancelled it straightaway..The process was easy apart from having to listen to a message saying I should not cancel and if I dont want to talk to someone I can cancel at gadgethelpline online.
    I tried the service for my Xbox and it was excellent by the way, so Im not trying to diss the guys there...
  • Carrera74
    Carrera74 Posts: 790 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    I've had my phone with Carphone Warehouse for about 6 months. I have had to had it replaced recently as it was faulty. Just checked my bank account and TMTI have taken £17.74 out of my account. I have not received a letter or anything to warn me they were going to do this and I cancelled all insurances etc when I upgraded my phone 6 months ago. Are they allowed to just take money out of your account? I'm not happy and going to ring them as soon as I can. Grrr :(
  • sc52
    sc52 Posts: 126 Forumite
    Thank Goodness for threads like this.

Just doing my accounts and came across 2 entries for TMTI Ltd for £17 ish each.

Quick Google got me to this thread. Followed the advise above and phoned 08000491012 and asked to be put through to Gadgethelpline. First time line went dead, second time the guy ensured that I was transfered to someone before handing over.

Told the chap at Gadgethelpline that I had never received any correspondence from them or TMTI Ltd concerning direct debits. He said that he would refund the money - but on being pushed a bit conceded that he would only refund one payment.

So I pushed a bit harder and was transferred to a very helpful lady who agreed to refund the full amount.

I made a note of her name and also asked for a reference number. I will post again once the refund has come through - I was advised, in about 2 weeks time.

Cheers
  • edeizzil
    edeizzil Posts: 12 Forumite
    I have also just found a charge of £17.58 in my account but it was back in October (27th) but I am pretty sure I cancelled before the first month was up, though I couldn't provide and proof for it. Do you think I can still get a refund for it if it was so long ago and I have no proof?
  • Jandy100
    Jandy100 Posts: 16 Forumite
    I bought my phone through Mobiles.co.uk and straight away cancelled, phone insurance, orange care & Geeksquad (never really knew what that was anyway!)

I had emails confirming cancellation of insurance, but a letter from Geeksquad to confirm cancellation of the policy. Today it seems TMTI have taken £17.94 from our account. Googling led me here, so I called my bank & it just so happened that the man on the other end of the phone had been through exactly the same thing himself, and that Geeksquad are also TMTI. Quite how they get away with calling themselves so many different things I don't know - it just confuses people & then they get away with taking money from accounts.

As we were quick at spotting the DD, it was recalled, and the money refunded.

I shall take my cancellation letter into work tomorrow, scan it & email it to both the Carphone Warehouse & Geeksquad/TMTI (I''ll do both to be on the safe side!) and tell them NOT to take any further money from me, the DD is cancelled and they won't (shouldn't) be allowed to set it up again themselves.
  • I bought a phone from Carphone Warehouse and immediately cancelled the insurance. I have an email from them, dated 26 january which confirms the cancellation and states that they will not take money from my account. However, TMTI have taken £17.94 from my account today.

I phoned my bank and although they can ensure no further amounts are collected, I have to phone TMTI to cancel the policy - on an 0870 phone number at my expense! Shocking how a high street company tries to get away with this complete scam...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure