IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Highview Parking - Charge Notice for a purchased ticket

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,572
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 29 November 2012 at 7:57PM
    This needs to go to your local press! :)

But if you do, please tell the journalist specifically that any report should clearly tell people that these are NOT REAL FINES anyway and can be safely ignored. As per Auto Express, your local rag could use this as a guideline:

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-news/consumer-news/61561/watchdog-reader-charged-ps150-not-parking?utm_campaign=autoexpress_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter

''However, Phil doesn’t need to respond to these demands at all. As a Department for Transport spokeswoman told Auto Express: 'Charges from a private parking company can only be enforced in court.' {the PPC} would need to prove to a judge that Phil entered into and breached a contract. Then it would have to prove that the £150 it’s claiming is reasonable and proportionate.''

Also complain to the onsite landowner/retailers, all of you. Clearly this is unreasonable and unjustified harassment! :D

HTH.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • I have the same... Received it today. It's from Edward Street in Leeds too. I know that I paid for this ticket.

What do these guys show up as on your bank statement? I paid by debit card - I can see something that came out four days later (ticket was bought on the 26th October - showing on statement on the 30th October) that says "UPT Town Centre C". That's for £6.50 - I remember paying for four hours, although I only used about 1hr40.

The one night that telephone banking is down too, so I can't check!

I'm so pleased to see I'm not the only one... Cowboys!
  • i have the exact same but paid cash and therefore have no proof of purchase. should i just ignore the ticket?
  • Just checked with the bank... I did pay them £6.50 - which is actually 24hrs worth of parking.

It's so slimly to wait a month - just to plant the seed in peoples minds, "did I, didn't I?". Trying to rinse £75/95 off of folks just before Christmas - plus my partner (who was the one who actually parked) is heavily pregnant and I'm not too happy that she's been worried like this.

Scumbags.
  • taffy056
    taffy056 Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    Lots of newbies on here now lol, so for all of you providing you own the vehicle

IGNORE
    Excel Parking, MET Parking, Combined Parking Solutions, VP Parking Solutions, ANPR PC Ltd, & Roxburghe Debt Collectors. What do they all have in common?
    They are all or have been suspended from accessing the DVLA database for gross misconduct!
    Do you really need to ask what kind of people run parking companies?
  • I had received the same letter from High view too.. Parking at the same place Edward street parking on the 27/10/2012 but had appeal to them by sending them my transaction as I paid with my card. Not happy that they charged for a paid parking!!!! :X
  • Thanks for all the good advice and feedback.

It seems strange all these notices are from the same car park, and from people who have paid, or is this normal practice?

If it's just them trying it on, it needs looking into. Otherwise if it's their error in some way I assume once they find out they will revoke all the fines ;).
  • im another one paid £6.50 on my card and yet its saying I was there 02.53 ? £6,50 is for 24 hours !
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Its also noticeable that there has been a lot of threads/posts about Highview in the last few months - More in the last six months than there had been in the preceding three years.

Maybe Highview have expanded/increased the ferocity of their operations recently?
  • I'm glad it's not just me who has had letters from Highview.

I got my letter from Highview today. I parked on Saturday November 3rd and no longer have the receipt. Luckily I paid by card so have it on my statement. Either way, I'm not paying them a peny when I paid for 24 hours parking.

More than anything it annoys me when people play by their rules and get unreasonable demands for money. I suspect there'll be an increase in letters like these now that they can't clamp cars.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure