Toto energy massive price increase

Options

Comments

• mr_accountant
    Options
    yes i will send it to you it contains personal info therefore not for pubic use

thanks
  • jrh2254
    jrh2254 Posts: 35 Forumite
    Options
    Same for myself:

A whooping 30.4% rise!

Should we all be leaving?

Perhaps I should have gone on to a more expense fixed tariff at the time (beginning of May 17 when I joined TOTO).

Thanks.
  • Cornish_Dave
    Options
    Dan L

Toto may have seemed competitive in June but I believe the e-mail they have sent me is exactly the same as that received by Mr_Accountant. I have spoken to them today and the member of staff I have spoken to had absolutely no idea what was going on, he said it should be sorted by senior management this month. He did not deny that I had a fixed rate contract but also had no idea if Toto would try to increase the tariff anyway. He did say that if they did I could leave without incurring any fees. This company is totally disorganised, they rarely answer their phone speedily, I have no idea if my payment is covering my usage or not as they never provide a statement. With respect I would suggest you should not be recommending this concern to your users as their service reflects on yourselves.

Dave
  • jrh2254
    jrh2254 Posts: 35 Forumite
    Options
    Also how is it that mr_accountant sees 'only' a 22.6% increase whereas mine is 30.4% !

Thanks.

John.
  • Cornish_Dave
    Options
    John

You are doing well mate, mine is a 30.9% increase!

Dave
  • george72
    Options
    absolute joke of a company- got the same letter on sunday! if you transfer before the increase comes in you should not be paying an exit fee
  • Cornish_Dave
    Options
    Do you believe you were on a fixed contract as well George?
  • george72
    Options
    no i think i was on a variable...but i spoke to them today and they confined that there would be no exit charge if i left.
  • h1ubs
    h1ubs Posts: 20 Forumite
    Options
    Do you believe you were on a fixed contract as well George?

I did Dave when I joined in April 17 as I expect several hundred others did at the time as it was one of the top switches recommended by MSE EnergyClub. Whilst it was called a Variable Saver tariff it was clear the price quoted was 'guaranteed' for 12 months. This is clearly stated in the Welcome email pdf attachment sent the day the switch takes effect. In my case it clearly states the Price Guarantee date is 27th April 2018. I am waiting for TOTO to clarify, but as stated previously MSE Energy Club should also be seeking clarity as the confusion reflects badly on their recommendations.
  • Keith666
    Keith666 Posts: 4 Newbie
    edited 5 December 2017 at 7:39AM
    Options
    After moving to Toto in June I got a price increase letter yesterday including an eye-watering 47 (yes, forty-seven) percent increase in the unit cost of gas, blamed on "wholesale costs" (I'd like to see how much their wholesale costs have gone up since June). I'm glad I checked here (thanks folks) as it was only then that I looked back and found the 12 month price guarantee. While I agree it's a contradiction in terms as the plan is "variable saver" a clear statement of guaranteed rates until June 2018 was given in the welcome letter, so I've emailed them to ask what the heck is going on.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure