Consumer rights

Hi,

First time poster so please feel free to move!
My husband and I are looking to extend our property, this was via a conservatory at the back of the house which was going to be 3 metres off the back of the house and all the way across the back, this included removing part of the rear wall to the house. We got a quote from a reputable nationwide company at 15k. All seemed great and stupidly we agreed to it there and then. We had a surveyor come out and it was then told to us that we would have to pay an additional 1.3k to add a steel rsj into the wall. Since then we have had little to no communication with the company. We have emailed,phoned and texted to get a start date for the work. We thought we had a start date which was given to us by the sales rep but had no other formal documentation of this. My husband then chased the company again today, to be told that we weren't booked in for an install and couldnt be because they were making a massive loss on this as the cost of the work was now 24k. We have also found out that our initial sales rep doesn't even work for the company anymore! Obviously our confidence is gone in this company and want to pull out but where do we stand with our consumer right on this?

We have paid no money at all.

Thanks!

Comments

• Furts
    Furts Posts: 4,474 Forumite
    Rule of thumb guidance ids no sensible, savvy, consumer has anything to do with national companies when it comes to building extensions. Hence you have be fortunate and had a lucky escape. Forget about the clowns and cowboys you have been contacting and make a fresh start with a competent proposal.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure