• DancingDragons
    Options
    Food Budget: £280 (inc Food Bank)
    Petrol £120
    School Dinners £36
    Social Whatnots £100 Incl hair.
    Catalogue £30 (then cleared)
    Savings £80
    Kids whatnots £59 (Haircuts, clubs, non-nag stuff)

Clear up – been doing this with Fleabay. But have a box of bits for CS and A bag of bobs for tip tomorrow. I also have targeted a drawer full of unwanted/expired/slow/cracked etc techy stuff. (Phones tablets routers …)
    Mental Health: Both DDs had a meltdown about something today and felt the need to off load, and have pushed things later than I would like so I’m feeling the pressure of decorating a room in a day. (This was brought on by me being in tears about the state of the room, another year (4 now) where I had sworn it would get done before Christmas. I guess this is my Christmas present. )
    Evaluate: Not in a good place to do this right now. I won’t see any positives.
    Explore: We’re always wandering down paths and poking in places we might not be supposed to be going. I’d rather walk than drive, its usually faster, not had a chance today.
    Debt free day. If I pay 300 a month to CCs DFD will be July 01 2020, WE HAVE A GOAL!
    Debt Free April 2019:j to July 2019 :( NEW WTC:eek:1,194
  • DancingDragons
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your Mum KerryWoman. *HUGS*

Who was looking for Fingerlings? I lost track of names :eek: but try using Stock Informer: https://www.stockinformer.co.uk/checker-fingerlings - handy thing, Very fubared my Soundmoovs order (reckoned I returned it, when it hadn't even got beyond the local depot) Philip Schofield has a lot to answer for. Spend it well at Christmas mania!

Today was a spendy day. Tracked down the Soundmoov, (already spent) took mum shopping for wallpaper, she's got a decorator in, but in turn it's upended my weekend:
    The plan this weekend is paint walls/paper chimney tomorrow, put up tree Sunday. Mum also wants us to go round and help her get rid of her old 3 seater. No CS wants it as she smokes so we have to break it up and take it to tip. Later in the evening we’ve a free Santa thing to go to and she wants to go to a Christmas market on the Sunday, but I don’t want or need anything for any one. Those who I have to get pressies for now will be hand-made gingerbread lumps or something, so both days should be NSD. I want to allocate my days and stick to them. I figure this is what you are all doing rather than winging it?
    Plumber came today to fix the ongoing auto-wetting bathroom floor. Bath waste pipe is leaking everywhere, I guess there is only so much PTFE tape you can patch a pipe with. We’ve patched it a couple of times. New waste, new plug, pipe and shower seal to come next week some time.
    Debt Free April 2019:j to July 2019 :( NEW WTC:eek:1,194
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,708 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    DancingDragons - yes, I allocate my NSDs. Usually it is the3 days I work each week - there's 12 already in a month (sch hols are much harder!) Plus anothr 1 or 2 per week tend to happen naturally nowadays. I do get a feeling of unease when I spend on several consecutive days, even if it isn't much. Maybe I'm just weird...

Fmess - you have had so much stuff done for your money. 3 promotions is awesome - well done you. Now you can slay the debt beast.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Sorry to hear that about your mum, Kerry Woman xx
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • laurenh1
    laurenh1 Posts: 770 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all

I keep losing my posts:mad: so Ill keep this short(er)

Today is NSD #1. Good start:j

Debt/savings date is end of 2019, I need enough for a house deposit.
    Exterminate- gave a travel pillow to friends daughter
    Control- giving up worrying needlessly. Will try not to dwell on anxious thoughts
    Explore- agreed to go with my friend to Sheffield
    Mental health- having an early night. Rock & roll but it does make me happy
    Budget- did my monthly budget, saved what I could & withdrew 70 quid as my weekly budget.
    Evaluate- 2017 we aimed to put 3k in savings got to 5500 :D:D will aim for this again next year. I also want to- visit lapland UK, Paris and lose 2st. Determined :cool:
    Remember- donated a 25p tin of soup to the food bank. Will add to that every time i go shopping.

Greatful for- my mum saying my friend didnt have to pay to take her place on a pre paid trip to butlins next year , my funny little elf decorations that I bought on a trip to Germany a few years ago & forgot I had :) children's home made decorations & clean bedding :o
  • laurenh1
    laurenh1 Posts: 770 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Kerry woman Im so sorry tp hear that. You are both in our thoughts & prayers

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:
  • BadBookkeeper
    Options
    Big hugs Kerry Woman. A difficult time for you, glad to read you are getting support.

Dancing Dragon - it was me looking for Fingerlings. Finally got one today in Argos in the colour I (I mean DS) wanted!! Thanks though.
    Lightbulb moment - 17/08/2017 £17,033.  Current CC debt £1400 DFD 31/7/24 5 months to go…. 16 weeks 

• Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hugs Kerry woman

Thanks apple, I am in full slaying mode. I also have a funny feeling in my stomach when I know I haven't had a SFD for a couple of days in a row.

Spends day today - token gift (winter hanging basket) to dad for doing my accounts for free, lunch with mum as she's always looking after everyone and needs a bit of tlc and paid for massage. Forgot to use my 20% off for being a loyal customer (I'd saved it for a big treatment) so they've taken it off the next appt cost :) I walked all the dogs twice and the young one three times :) Lots of steps achieved and semi tired dogs!

Tomorrow is the work do. I've already paid £20 and I'm driving not drinking so hoping it'll be relatively cheap. I'm determined not to split the bill as I know some might drink loads!

Off to bed as I'm pooped, got up at 6 on a day off!
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • sashanut
    sashanut Posts: 3,252 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hi December Turtles :j

Haven't had any time today to go through all the December challenges :mad: - will do so tomorrow, & list

Not an NSD today so 0/15

Away from 10-15 in Ireland ..

Sad to hear your news Kerry Woman, look after yourself
    New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 :eek:. Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE :happyhear
  • bizzie
    bizzie Posts: 277 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Check in #1/31.
    Not a NSD but everything bought was on my list with no deviation. Tomorrow will be a spend day meeting up with friends but budgeted for.

Kerry Woman my thoughts with you and your mum.
    Groceries: Personal Spend: 0 NST NSD Goals for 2024:Self: Health: Wealth :
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport