Debt Company chasing debt will not write off

I don't know if anyone can give some advice?
I have a company chasing me for a debt from Admiral, the company is called Ardent Credit Services Ltd (formerly Commercial Credit Management Ltd).
I did not know about this as I my car insurance policy was cancelled after a mess up with the Direct Debit.
I have written to them twice now, telling them I don't acknowledge the debt and asking the to write it off as I owe over £7000 in Priority debts and have been advised by National Debtline that these are to be dealt with first and will take some time in any case.
Ardent Credit Services are telling me they will NOT write it off and keep asking me for income/expenditure details despite writing to them numerous times.
Does any one have any similar experience with this company or any advise?

Many thanks in advance

David

Comments

• CAB_Swansea_Bay_representative
    CAB_Swansea_Bay_representative Posts: 287 Organisation Representative
    Hi David.richards27, thank you for your query regarding Debt Company will not write off.
    It is unusual for a creditor to write off a debt without medical evidence of long term illness or disability and/or proof that current circumstances will not allow the debtor to make any payments and that this is not likely to change within the foreseeable future. I would suggest you complete a detailed income and expenditure and if that does show you cannot afford any payment to this creditor and that you will struggle to make the payments to your other creditors I would suggest you seek advice from a debt adviser who can discuss other options such as bankruptcy or a Debt Relief Order with you. You can find more information about negotiating with creditors and template letters to send to your creditors at https://www.adviceguide.org.uk.
    Hope this is of assistance
    Official CAB Representative
    I am an official representative of CAB. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to questions on the CAB Board. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. If you believe I’ve broken any rules please report my post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com as usual"
  • VitaK
    VitaK Posts: 651 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    It is true that you should focus on your priority debts, and whilst you are doing that, you could offer your other creditors token payments (£1 per month) until your priority debts are paid off. Your creditors does not have to writte off your none priority debts because you have priority debts.

By completing the income and expenditure form you could demonstrate to the creditor you are sincere about your financial situation. They are more likely to be understanding if they are informed.
  • Thanks for this, I have done this and they have now asked for supporting information regarding the income/expenditure, would it be safe to send them ALL the relevant information?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure