MFW: Next step towards total freedom!

Comments

• caeler
    caeler Posts: 2,605 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    So after having a few days to calm down I realise that moving house really isn't what I need right now! I've got a house I can afford and the possibility of having a sub £100K mortgage in the near future! What a ride! It did show me I'm flexible and if I need to get my hands on some cash I can. I'm going back to Plan A!
  • caeler
    £1911.50 left to save towards mortgage repayment goal! Yay! However got a hen weekend and a couple of meals out this month so need to go steady with my allowance!
  • caeler
    I've switched bank accounts so I get free travel insurance! That is one outgoing I won't have anymore! I wonder if there is a bank account that will pay my council tax?!

I've also taken inspiration from another MFW and I'm going to give eBay ago. I've got plenty of new clothes and shoes that won't get worn and I may as well sell.
  • caeler
    So I've found 9 brand new dresses with tags that I will try to sell on eBay. I am slightly nervous about the hassle factor but I should try. I am never going to wear them but they should bring pleasure to somebody else! Will list on Friday evening.
  • caeler
    I'm £550 away from my mortgage overpayment goal. Once that is compete I do need to save some money for a holiday so I'm nearly there. I've been putting £20 a month into a regular saver so I'm pretty set for xmas as well. Still not done an eBay job on those dresses, I really must pull my finger out this weekend. I'll probably list them all at £15+P&P and see what happens.
  • caeler
    Finally got round to listing 18 items on eBay. Mostly the dresses I mentioned, but I found a few other bits of new clothing which I thought I'd give a go! If all sells for the price listed at, I stand to make £140 after fees! :-)
  • Best of luck with the dresses. Sounds like you're reaching your targets.
    Mortgage at Highest- £126.995 Aug 2006
    Mortgage- (Lightbulb moment, Sep 12) £95,571. (Jul13) £92,616 (Oct14) £88,224
    OP Since Sep 12- £11,401.13, currently £8,416
    Original Finish Date- Aug 2032
    Target Date Aug 2020 :D
  • caeler
    Every penny counts, or thats what I'm telling myself. I'm feeling proud that I'm fairly near my first target, but I'm really not sure what comes next. Continuing to pay off mortgage yes, but how I decide realistic targets and keep myself motivated. I don't want to backwards slide..............! I'd like to be mortgage free when I'm 40, so I've got 9 years left to achieve it!
  • Well done Caeler, have just started selling stuff on ebay and its becoming a little addictive! I agree about the fear factor, I try and be brutally honest but still nervous that someone will be disappointed!
    Morgage till Nov 30 GOAL MFW Sept 2016
    Aug 11 - £100k Aug 2016.... It's GONE!!!!!
    2014 GOAL HIT 5 Stone! 2016 GOAL to be a MF marathon runner.
    "A goal without a plan is just a wish"
  • caeler
    I find eBay stressful. I've been messed about before which I hate. I hate it when people don't pay promptly. Stress stress stress. But if it means an overpayment on the mortgage (and more space in my wardrobe) then all good! Yay!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback