Great Grants Hunt

Comments

• Hi there, My hubby is epileptic also and we had to go to tribunal and won!

We got help with filling out the tribunal forms through DIAL (just do a search on google for your local one).

We have new forms again now and I am going to DIAL with them to get them filled in so there stamp can go on the form as well as there input.

Good luck.
    RogRog wrote: »
    D.L.A. again help for a Epiletic PLEASE...
    Hello please help in anyway you can.

Our forms have come through again and so worried about filling them out as last time We had to go to a tribunal because the DWP said I wan't having enough fits.........Trying to get better...... around 8-12 fits a month, and phsiatica of the Back which means after a fit I can't hardly walk. I have my wife who is my full time helper and two young children, we can't go through all the hassle again of our money getting stoped. Any hints and tips and help please.
    Kind regards,

Roger and Jennifer Tatt

user_online.gifreport.gif
  • MILLYMOLLY
    MILLYMOLLY Posts: 1,069 Forumite
    Hi
    Can anyone tell me if you can get a grant towards repairs to your bathroom. Our tiles were loose and when we started taking them down they all started to fall of and the plaster has gone down to the brick in places. It also broke the sink so we need the bathroom totally refurbishing and are on a very low income.
    Thanks
    Starting to save £2 coins again, but it is a struggle:rotfl:Not doing very well keep spending them
  • techmax76
    techmax76 Posts: 120 Forumite
    I'm searching for grants that would give benefits to farmers?
  • mateypeeps
    mateypeeps Posts: 167 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    techmax76 wrote: »
    I'm searching for grants that would give benefits to farmers?

As I am not sure what type of grants, for what purpose, etc, the best I can do is supply a search link narrowed down to UK results from Google.

Try asking Jeeves (www.ask.co.uk) and Yahoo, MSN, etc as well.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=grants+for+farmers&btnG=Search&meta=cr%3DcountryUK%7CcountryGB
  • mateypeeps
    mateypeeps Posts: 167 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    MILLYMOLLY wrote: »
    Hi
    Can anyone tell me if you can get a grant towards repairs to your bathroom. Our tiles were loose and when we started taking them down they all started to fall of and the plaster has gone down to the brick in places. It also broke the sink so we need the bathroom totally refurbishing and are on a very low income.
    Thanks

I guess it depends where you live, as Councils have discretionary powers.

Here are some links, as I can not search for info on your home town, as you just have "North East" as location.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits/BenefitsTaxCreditsAndOtherSupport/On_a_low_income/index.htm

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=repair+grants+low+income+-US&btnG=Search&meta=cr%3DcountryUK%7CcountryGB
  • Hoping someone can help. I'm currently unemployed, previous jobs have all been driving and would love to progress on to doing my class 2 (lgv C) licence. I've been offered some training, not thru the job centre but from one of the training companies they put me in touch with, but its not looking too hopeful that I'll be able to do it. The condition of getting the training is that I have a job to go to afterwards, and I'm yet to find someone willing to wait the time it takes to do the course before taking me on, if they want a driver they want one now, not in a few weeks. Its a catch 22 situation, no job without the training but no training without the job! So, does anyone know of any grants or funding that I could possibly apply for? Job centre are next to useless, have asked plenty of times but they dont seem too helpful. I've looked in to a cdl but have adverse credit history so not sure if thats viable.
  • techmax76
    techmax76 Posts: 120 Forumite
    mateypeeps wrote: »
    As I am not sure what type of grants, for what purpose, etc, the best I can do is supply a search link narrowed down to UK results from Google.

Try asking Jeeves (www.ask.co.uk) and Yahoo, MSN, etc as well.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=grants+for+farmers&btnG=Search&meta=cr%3DcountryUK%7CcountryGB

Hello, I really appreciate your effort for searching the link for me.
  • Dorinda
    Dorinda Posts: 11 Forumite
    i am a student now.so its expensive for me.when i will be a job holder,i can use it.
    thanks for this.
  • sab_100
    sab_100 Posts: 50 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Hi all,
    does anyone know how I find out about funding for computer courses? I dont mean basic courses but the mcse etc as my husband has been going for interviews and is being told that he needs that qualification however we simply cant afford the cost.
    any advice would be great!
    Thanks
    sarah
  • mrsbutton
    mrsbutton Posts: 108 Forumite
    Hello,

I'm about to move out of my home of all my life due to my mother passing away and was wondering as i am no longer working and receiving Job Seekers, if there was a way of getting a decoration grant or moving grant?
    If anyone knows about this i would be grateful of all help :D
    :A If i was a rich girl....... :A
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family