Dividend Allowance

Will the cut still go ahead? I think it is on hold now so we are still on £5000 for next tax year at the moment. If the government is propped up by the DUP, will they risk Nick Clegg unpopularity by enabling and being blamed for effective tax rises (they still insist on the pension triple lock and winter payments for Northern Island apparently)?

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,358 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    If the government is propped up by the DUP, will they risk Nick Clegg unpopularity by enabling and being blamed for effective tax rises (they still insist on the pension triple lock and winter payments for Northern Island apparently)?

It is not a coalition. So, that won't happen.
    Will the cut still go ahead? I think it is on hold now so we are still on £5000 for next tax year at the moment.

Who knows.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • talexuser
    talexuser Posts: 3,499 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    It may not be an official coalition, but they will still be seen as the ones allowing any unpopular tax rises or allowance reductions to go through.
  • Apodemus
    Apodemus Posts: 3,384 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    talexuser wrote: »
    It may not be an official coalition, but they will still be seen as the ones allowing any unpopular tax rises or allowance reductions to go through.

That presupposes that it is seen as an "unpopular tax rise". I fear that the wider public, beyond the investing community, might see it otherwise.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure