Should I pay £15 to get my CCJ updated as "Fully satisfied"?

Options
My wife and I have recently sold our house, meaning I've been able to finally pay off my historic debts, including 2 CCJs. One lender has already updated their CCJ as fully satisfied with the court, the other hasn't yet. Is it worth me paying the £15 required to get this updated myself? The CCJ turns 6 years old at the beginning of December this year, so should disappear from my credit reports at the end of the year. Should I leave it to disappear unchallenged or would it make any long term difference to have it updated to fully satisfied before it falls off the reports?

Comments

• pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    6 weeks? , why bother it will probably take 5.5 weeks to be enacted ,
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • spikypaddy
    Options
    That's pretty much what I was thinking, but I wasn't sure if it has any effect on my ongoing record - even once the CCJ drops off?
  • Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    spikypaddy wrote: »
    That's pretty much what I was thinking, but I wasn't sure if it has any effect on my ongoing record - even once the CCJ drops off?

No being rude, but just think about those to sentences :)
  • Samsung_Note2
    Options
    Comms69 wrote: »
    No being rude, but just think about those to sentences :)

Sorry But that makes no sense.?
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,552 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    to = two i think?

The two sentences... Will it affect their ongoing record after it has dropped off.

If it dropped off then its no longer on record. How can something not there affect anything?
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,878 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Sorry But that makes no sense.?

Once off your file all records of it ever having existed are removed with it.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • chappers
    chappers Posts: 2,988 Forumite
    Options
    waste of 15 quid
  • James
    James Posts: 2,059 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You can achieve the same short term by adding a Notice of Correction to your Credit File explaining the situation. (up to 200 words).

This however wont affect your present Credit Score it only means that any new accounts you open will be manually processed.

You can submit a Notice of Correction to all 3 agencies. WITHOUT obtaining your credit file.

Hope this helps
  • cjmillsnun
    Options
    You could submit a notice of correction, however it is probably not worth it for one month.
    2.88 kWp System, SE Facing, 30 Degree Pitch, 12 x 240W Conergy Panels, Samil Solar River Inverter, Havant, Hampshire. Installed July 2012, acquired by me on purchase of house in August 2017
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure