When I asked for luck I didn't mean the bad variety!!!

Comments

• Thank you both :D

Your well wishes worked as I finally have something good to report, though it came off the back of something sad. We were today given £4k inheritance from DH's Grandma's estate. We weren't expecting anything as the will left everything to my Mother in Law, but she was kind enough to pass some money on.

With it we plan to:-
    Pay off some debt
    Buy a new washing machine
    Do a few home improvements
    Put a little aside to help with the costs of the 6 week school summer holidays
    Pay for car tax at the end of May
    Have a small emergency fund.

Looking forward to seeing how far we can stretch it!!

What great news and what a lovely MIL! :) so glad things are turning for you!!! :beer:
    Finally got a bit of peace to snuggle on the sofa with the laptop and The Voice/Britains got Talent on tv!

Had a fairly good day which included getting DS2's shoes from Cl*rks outlet shop for the bargain price of £14.99 instead of the usual £30 ish:j. Then spent £7.80 on a McDonalds for the 2 boys though :o.

I've been feeling a bit wound up today and not sure why. It shouldn't be hormones or anything so hoping I'm just tired and will feel better tomorrow. It worries me when I start letting things get to me, I'm the one who's supposed to keep it all together!

Some great bargains on shoes at the clarks factory shop isn't there! I worked out though what i save i probably spend in petrol getting over there lol so don't really bother too much anymore :cool:

And we can't all be strong all of the time. :) You're only human and emotions running high are part and parcel xx
    Just done some calculations and I've realised our debts have gone under £20k :j:j:j:j:j:j:j

Milestone #1 reached :T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T

This is fantastic well done you ! :D
    :A
    2024 Mortgage-free wannabe #17
    OP straight to mortgage - APRIL
    MOP savings account 900 / 3000 to be paid later this year
    Mortgage balance Jan 1st 2024 £99224.13 Feb 1st £98,833.72 Mar 1st £98,928.18
    Apr 1st £
    Emergency fund £1255.78/ 1500 84%
    Food Budget - JAN 484.44/500, FEB 488.59/500, MAR 439.33/500, APR 0/500
  • What great news and what a lovely MIL! :) so glad things are turning for you!!! :beer:
    Some great bargains on shoes at the clarks factory shop isn't there! I worked out though what i save i probably spend in petrol getting over there lol so don't really bother too much anymore :cool:

And we can't all be strong all of the time. :) You're only human and emotions running high are part and parcel xx

This is fantastic well done you ! :D
    :A

What a lovely message thank you DFW321! Yes my MIL has her faults as they all do, but overall she's a good 'un! I think we've pulled each other through the last 11 months since DH's accident. He's her only child so it hit her hard but in some ways I think she's enjoyed having him a bit more dependent on her again!

The Clarks factory shop is across the other side of the city for us, but I pass it once a week when I take DS1 to his gymnastics so its easy to tie in and not have to factor in the diesel costs. Anything to save money!!

I'm still thrilled to have gone sub £20k owed, cant wait to start counting down the teens!!:D
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Lost another 2.5lbs tonight for the slimathon :D That's 6lbs in 2 weeks :T

Had a nice day off work & made use of a Gr0upon deal I purchased recently for softplay (10 sessions for £9) with DH & DS2 while DS1 was at school. The girl running it made a mistake with the voucher so she gave us today's session as an extra freebie :j and our 10 sessions start next time!
  • Evening all!

Well I did half an hour extra at work today so that's a whole £3.04 more in my pay at the end of the month :D Should offset the £2.70 I had to pay at the local shop for milk and butter :mad:

My sister came for tea tonight which she does every fortnight when our shifts allow. It's lovely to see her and the kids adore her (not least because she usually comes bearing gifts for them!).

Otherwise not a great deal happening, though if I've learnt anything over the last (almost) 11 months, its to enjoy the boring times when everything just ticks over nicely :rotfl:
  • Won £10 on the lottery last night:j:j Good luck seems to be continuing hooray!

Went shopping after work today and split it between Mr A's (using discount card) and poundland, but still managed to spend £30 overall and that's after spending £80 at the beginning of the week :eek: Think I will have to be careful as its easy when you have a bit more money in the bank to not worry about how much you spend, and I want it to last as long as possible.

I also paid the LTSB credit card today, 2 weeks before the due date :D This one is on 5.9% at the min so I've just paid a little over the minimum and everything else is being thrown at the Santander card which is a ridiculously high APR. No one wants to give us a 0% deal though with DH on the sick.:(

Still trying to decide on a new washing machine as well after the old one caught fire. A neighbour has been kind enough to let me use hers, but I really need to get my own asap before she gets fed up. It's strange how being MSE makes things seem so much more expensive though! I've searched and searched and for some reason I cant find any brand new top of the range ones for £50 or less :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • Didn't get a chance to post yesterday as I had a shift at both jobs and Mummy stuff inbetween! On a bright note though, yesterday was payday for job 2:beer:

Had a brilliant money saving day today (albeit a spendy one also!). Finally got a new washing machine :j:j:j It was reduced in Arg*s from £400 to £230 and then as I'd spent more than £50 I got a free £10 voucher :D. I'd hoped not to spend more than £300 on a washer so I'm pleased to get one worth more than that for less than that if you see what I mean.

After that we went out for tea with my extended family (Grandma, Aunts, Uncles, cousins etc) which I'd budgeted £30 for, but one of my uncles insisted on paying for ours so all I chipped in for was the tip - the 4 of us ate out for £2! I was very good though and just had pasta arribiata so as not to ruin things for my weigh in on tuesday. I thought it would be hard watching everyone else have 3 courses but it was fine. Note to self for future, you don't NEED 3 courses :rotfl:
  • plmbl You are doing really well! I hope some of your good luck rubs off on me :p Great find on the washing machine, i think i saw that one on t.v earlier lol. Do you use cashback sites (i can't remember if you said you did or not) as you could have got some back from that :)

xx
    Apr 1st £
  • I will happily send some luck your way DFW321, as long as I can keep some for myself! It's been a looooooong time since I had it last!:rotfl:

I do use cash back sites but this particular deal was collection only from Arg*s stores so I couldn't use them today. Or at least I assume I couldn't?????? Have I missed out?:eek:
  • Ahhh maybe not then! I know halfords do instore cashback not sure if argos do though. :) xx
    Apr 1st £
  • Good points for the day:-
    1)MIL took DS1 to his Karate Seminar today saving our diesel.
    2)We took the boys to the beach this afternoon for some free fun and met up with my Grandma, Auntie and some cousins.
    3)Grandma gave me the money to buy the drinks at the cafe and told me to keep the £4 change bless her.
    4)Bumped into a friend I hadn't seen for ages at the beach.
    5) Auntie gave me 3 bags of handmedown clothes for the boys and I. Anything not suitable can be ebayed or weighed in.

Bad points for the day
    1) Some *&"!%^* scraped my car while it was parked at the beach and drove off :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: DH thinks its about £400 worth of damage.:(

So good points outweigh bad in terms of volume, but bad points outweigh good in terms of value! Typical!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family