That was scary; now to tackle the remaining mortgage

Comments

• teapot2
    teapot2 Posts: 3,260 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Thanks Poppy, its true I have no patience - or at least not as much as I like to think I have :o. Didn't know about VO but will give that a try.
  • teapot2
    Boo got a nasty cold and feeling carp :p - sneezing all the time and all blocked up.

Mortgage comes out tomorrow so been moving money round for Reward and all is in the right place [hopefully, as my head is a bit wooly]..... Should have been working today but it was cancelled which was a bit of a blow. I could have done with the income but can at least claim a cancellation fee.

OH got an interview for the job he applied for, its later in the month so fingers crossed.

Found out today we can't get boiler scrappage as our current boiler is 73% efficient and it has to be 70% or less to qualify :(. We also had a guy come round to survey for loft insulation and cavity wall so they'll be done for free next Friday.

Am off to bed after a honey and lemon - night night
  • pink_poppy
    pink_poppy Posts: 1,422 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Aww, get well soon, maybe you should have slipped some whiskey into that honey & lemon ;)
    'A watched potato will never chit'...
  • teapot2
    I will have to say this quietly being Scottish but I don't like whisky :eek:. Dark Rum, honey and lemon now you're talking :rotfl:
  • teapot2
    Cold gone now but not before it morphed into a virus which ran off with all my energy :p. Hopefully feeling a bit better but thought that a couple of days ago and it returned with a venegeance. Just wnted to say am still here but need to go to bed now and will post properly at the weekend and do an update.

Getting cavity wall and loft insulation on Fri [free] - quite nervous about the cavity wall stuff - seems very high pressure to put it in, hope theres no probs.

Hope everyone is doing ok? Night all, Teapot x
  • pink_poppy
    pink_poppy Posts: 1,422 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    teapot2 wrote: »
    I will have to say this quietly being Scottish but I don't like whisky :eek:. Dark Rum, honey and lemon now you're talking :rotfl:

You don't like it & I can't even spell it!! :o:rotfl:

Glad you're feeling better.
    'A watched potato will never chit'...
  • Lois_E
    Lois_E Posts: 2,227 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    pink_poppy wrote: »
    You don't like it & I can't even spell it!! :o:rotfl:

Glad you're feeling better.

It's OK pink poppy - both spellings are right. Irish whiskey has an e and Scotch whisky doesn't. :)
    Starting again 13/4/19
    Home loan 1: £21,102.50 Home loan 2: £7,698.99
    Total owed: £28,801.49
  • teapot2
    :wave: hello all, am still here - virus went on for ages and have been really tired especially in the evenings. Also got bad back now which is really painful; physio on Monday.

Am using laptop to post but cat is VERY annoyed as he is jealous of it as my lap is his so can't do long post as he is pawing at my leg and looking like he might launch himself at the keyboard :eek::eek:

Will try and post tomorrow with a proper update back and cat allowing.
  • Lois_E
    Lois_E Posts: 2,227 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Aww. It must be annoying for you, but you're giving me such a cute mental image of your cat.
    Starting again 13/4/19
    Home loan 1: £21,102.50 Home loan 2: £7,698.99
    Total owed: £28,801.49
  • teapot2
    Hi Lois, luckily for him he is indeed very cute as he can be very norty. He got on the laptop a few weeks ago and dribbled on the keyboard - and he doesn't normally dribble :eek:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure