Car boot sales in Edinburgh?

Comments

• MINMOUSE
    MINMOUSE Posts: 398 Forumite
    There is one this Saturday 9-12 at Royal High Primary School Northfield Broadway (Edinburgh). If you are planning to do it wrap up well as it will be outdoors.
  • yatin123
    yatin123 Posts: 216 Forumite
    Hi,
    I will be relocating to Ediburgh next week and I will be staying near the city centre...my post code will be EH3.

I am relocating from Belfast and I would like to know if there are any farmer's market in Edinburgh. We have a very good farmer's market in Belfast and I am so used to getting veggies and fruits from the market.

So, I would be very much interested to know if there are any local markets near the City centre.

Also, kindly let me know if there are any carboot sales closer to my area as I need to get some furniture and baby toys stuff as soon as I move in.

Many thanks for your help!!
    Credit card debt:
    MBNA: £1000
    RBS: £3500
  • Caz312
    Caz312 Posts: 101 Forumite
    Farmers market Edinburgh, Castle Terrace,
    Every Saturday 9am - 2pm, Tel: 0131 652 5940

Corn Exchange Boot Fair
    Chesser Ave, Chesser, Edinburgh
    Saturday and Sunday 7am to 1pm
    or
    NCP Car Park, Greenside Place, Greenside Row, Leith Street, Edinburgh
    every Sunday from 9am to 1pm

worth also looking at edinburgh.gumtree.com or ebay for furniture etc

Lovely city to live in....welcome
  • Angua2
    Angua2 Posts: 673 Forumite
    There's also:

* Balerno Farmers Market, Balerno
    * East Fortune Sunday Market, East Linton
    * Edinburgh Farmers Market, Edinburgh *
    * Haddington Farmers Market, Haddington

*http://www.edinburghcc.com/eventsnews

And the German Christmas Market will be opening on Princes Street at the end of the month (Thursday, November 24th at 5pm): http://www.stuckonscotland.co.uk/edinburgh/german-market.html
    http://www.edinburghcastle.biz/news.html

Also: "Edinburgh Capital Christmas 2007 Winter Wonderland has become an established Edinburgh Christmastime event. The Edinburgh Winter Wonderland delights locals and Edinburgh visitors alike, as it affords them the opportunity to ice skate in the great outdoors with Edinburgh Castle as a fantastic backdrop!"

You can sign up for Freecycle Edinburgh :
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FreecycleEdinburgh/

Enjoy lovely Edinburgh!
    Still waiting for Dyson to bring out a ride-on hoover...
    Memberships:
    Bad Alba Mothers Purchase Only Tanqueray
  • newmommyjen
    newmommyjen Posts: 1,169
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Forumite
    On the upper level of Princes Street Gardens, by the Edinburgh Wheel, the market stalls are packed with a variety of locally-produced Scottish food and locally-made creations and crafts. Perfect Christmas present ideas!

Edinburgh Farmer's Market – The Edinburgh Farmer's Market is now a weekly event held every Sataurday on Castle Terrace. The Edinburgh Farmer's Market runs from 9am to 2pm the Edinburgh Farmer's Market is situated on top of the Castle Terrace Carpark at street level

Edinburgh Christmas Market from Germany – The Christmas Market in Edinburgh ’s Princes Street Gardens is a highly popular annual Edinburgh Christmas event.. It runs for a period of 4 weeks from 25 November 2007 to 24th. December 2007. The German Christmas Market is situated in East Princes Street Gardens in the shadow of the Walter Scott Monument . The German Christmas Market is larger and better than ever before this year and when we have attended the market in the past, visitors were really enjoying the delights on offer, including steaming mugs of mulled wine.Open till 8pm.

There is also a outlet centre called "mcarthur glen" which you will find many items at reduced prices compared to RRP. Next clearance is great, able to pick up stuff for a few pounds. Last week got a pair of shoes for £2 (RRP£22) for my 2 year old. Also their in a £1 land at the other center called Almondvale Shopping Centre. which is a few minutes walk from Mcarthur glen.
    http://www.livingstonalive.co.uk/mcarthurglen.shtml
    A smile and manners doesnt cost any thing
  • newmommyjen
    newmommyjen Posts: 1,169
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Forumite
    Bathgate has a thrice-weekly market. Drawing visitors from far and wide to the town every Wednesday 10am - 3pm, Friday and Saturday 10am - 4pm it offers an Aladdin's cave of local goods and produce at bargain prices. Linlithgow Farmers Market takes place at the Vennel on the fourth Saturday of every Month from 10am - 3pm.
    Bathgate Farmers Market takes place at the Steelyard on the second Saturday of every Month from 10am - 3pm

http://www.westlothian.com/Home/tourism_lifestyle/getting_to_w/
    its about a 40 min drive to get out to bathgate.
    A smile and manners doesnt cost any thing
  • can highly recommend the farmers market in edinburgh :D

The most precious possession that ever comes to a man in this world is a woman's heart.
    -- Josiah G. Holland
  • R.B.
    R.B. Posts: 18 Forumite
    Does anyone know whats happening with car boot sales in Edinburgh? I used to love the Greenside one but its gone. Apparently only the corn exchange one still exists but isn't very good.

I actually want to sell at one within the next couple of weeks. Any advice? :o

Omni Centre Car Park (underground)
    10am
    Sundays
    Enjoy!!:money:
  • There will be an annual car boot sales & coffee mornings on:
    Saturday 19th & 26th April 2008
    9am - 12noon

Entry from 8.30am
    These are being held in aid of the
    41st Edinburgh Boys Brigade
    Duddingston Kirk
    It is at the
    Royal High Primary School
    Northfield Broadway
    Entry is:
    £8 per car
    £10 per van

Just arrive on the day!

Any questions just PM me!
    Please come along!:beer:
    Thanks
    3rd Voucher off Consumer pulse in 2 months!!!
  • There will be an annual car boot sales & coffee mornings on:
    Saturday 19th & 26th April 2008
    9am - 12noon
    Entry from 8.30am
    These are being held in aid of the
    41st Edinburgh Boys Brigade
    Duddingston Kirk
    It is at the
    Royal High Primary School
    Northfield Broadway
    Entry is:
    £8 per car
    £10 per van
    Just arrive on the day!
    Any questions just PM me!
    Please come along!:beer:
    Thanks!
    3rd Voucher off Consumer pulse in 2 months!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure