PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 8. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Options

Comments

• sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Don't know why I did it but I just ruined all my good work this morning, eating healthily & dog walking by eating a slice of Christmas cake!! I will not eat now and just have soup for tea. Will also walk dog again later and just drink water...
    Any ideas on what to do with the cake? I might freeze it.

Now just need to get off this pc and move

Agree with Rossy, surprisingly a one-off piece of cake could even give your metabolism a boost if you've been eating much the same every day. Note I said one-off! Don't deprive yourself of meals, that could actually be detrimental. If we don't have a treat now and again life would be very boring and could send us running for cake/choc etc too often so don't feel guilty :)

Fruit cake freezes well, the icing might yellow but doesn't detract from the flavour. Why not freeze it in small cubes so you can have a guilt-free treat every once in a while?
  • daisiegg
    daisiegg Posts: 5,395 Forumite
    Options
    missrlr wrote: »
    Early start and managed porridge before I left this AM. Still not hungry and have been up and at it for 2 hours longer than normal.

If you want an incentive to cut carbs in bread products just search "source of L-cysteine in bread" - worked for me when I was told this yesterday and then went to verify this for myself. The donuts put in the kitchen to tempt me caused a BLERGH reaction not a yummy must have reaction. There are fermentation products now available for the same effect but not widely used. And another reason to make your own bread and so on as that flour does not (usually) contain the L-cysteine - OS MSE through and through.

What's the matter with me?! I just googled that and it doesn't bother me at all...
  • lickylonglips
    Options
    I have been on a diet since Monday (so this is my 4th day). I am cutting my portion sizes and staying clear of naughty snacks (crisps, sweets, chocolate, biscuits, cake) as far as possible.

I am aiming to lose 3lb per week for the next 14 weeks (giving me 42lb / 3 stone in all) and am being sponsored by my friends and work colleagues in aid of a local charity that supports people with chronic pain.

For breakfast, I have been having 2 small slices of wholemeal toast with either peanut butter, scrambled egg, mushrooms or a little grilled bacon.

My lunches have been homemade soups or stews and my evening meals have been pearl barley risotto and wholewheat pasta with healthy sauces, such as red lentil and tomato.

I have been snacking on oatcakes with reduced fat hummous, low fat cheese, and mini peppers, raw carrots and the odd bit of fruit (I have to be careful with fruit as I am type 2 diabetic).

I will be weighing myself on Sunday at some point and hope that I have lost a decent amount, otherwise I'm going to be very demotivated and may jump on the nearest toblerone!!!
  • Mrs_Veg_Plot
    Mrs_Veg_Plot Posts: 960 Forumite
    edited 11 January 2013 at 7:31PM
    Options
    Have not looked up L-cystine in bread yet but all of my bread is HM

Have decided to stick to my 5 pieces of fruit a day on the whole as I enjoy it and it is better than the crisps the I prefer to snack on.

Ok to today

B - porridge made with soya milk
    D - HM fish and veg bake, apple and a pear
    T - will be beans on toast
    S - very small slice of christmas cake and a mug of options hot chocolate
    E - 20min walk and used stairs instead of lift at work
    I am playing all of the right notes just not necessarily in the right order :D.
  • MaddyWaddy
    Options
    Will have a proper catch up tomorrow ladies (& gents).

Yesterday and today are well out of the window ... my only consolation is I have done my exercises.

I managed 3.05k in 31 minutes yesterday and burnt 246cals :) Walked rounds to my friends and spent an hour browsing the shops :)

Cleaned most of today as my knee was hurting a bit yesterday - aim to take the dogs for a run Saturday morning with the DH so will follow week 1 session 3 :) and the dogs love running.

I am not sure what peoples restrictions are but swimming is suppose to be good if you are able to do so ... my work colleague is naggin me to go with her - I hate it!!
    SW member: 09/01/2014
    Weight lost to date: 10lb
    Easter Challenge: 0/14lb
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,874 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Rossy2692 wrote: »
    Eating a slice of cake WONT ruin any of your good work, sometimes a lil of what you fancy does weightloss good :) DONT beat yourself up about it, Christmas cake is but once a year ;)

My dog had (another) epileptic fit today :( Really distressing and due to having to deal with the aftermath of this, I succumbed to the eccles cake that I brought home from the tearoom on Tuesday :o 400 calories that could've been better spent, but much needed :o

Coxy
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn 12/24
  • Rossy2692
    Rossy2692 Posts: 592 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Coxy11 wrote: »
    My dog had (another) epileptic fit today :( Really distressing and due to having to deal with the aftermath of this, I succumbed to the eccles cake that I brought home from the tearoom on Tuesday :o 400 calories that could've been better spent, but much needed :o

Coxy

Awwww poor dog, that must be so worrying :(
    :j Started my weightloss journey, its neverending!! :j

Weightloss challenge 2/14

:p "Life is like a box of chocolates....you never know what you are gonna get":p
  • daisiegg
    daisiegg Posts: 5,395 Forumite
    Options
    Not too bad today...stomach is definitely shrinking or something as I'm not feeling too hungry.

B - plain soya yogurt and raspberries, tea (162)
    S - apple (47)
    L - tuna, sweetcorn, lettuce and spring onion in a WW wrap (much better than the sandwich yesterday!), tea (301)
    D - (will be) small portion pasta bolognaise with green veg on the side (635, estimated a bit as the bolognaise is from the freezer and was made pre-diet so wasn't calorie counted, but it has a lot of carrots and mushrooms in and not much oil so can't be too horrendous)

Good luck everyone for weigh in tomorrow!
  • Mrs_T_M
    Mrs_T_M Posts: 2,039 Forumite
    Options
    Did ok today, so long as I don't find anything much to snack on tonight after dinner.

B - oatmeal made with skim milk with 2 tsp brown sugar
    L - jacket potato with the last tiny bit of bbq sauce and half of a leftover sausage
    S - 2 small bowls of rice and red lentils
    S#2 - 1 tbsp chocolate orange spread - I was craving chocolate, but all but this was out of reach! This worked well, hit the spot and let me have the chocolate taste without going nuts with it.

E - Housework and moving furniture - burned a staggering 930 calories!

I'm still 368 calories below my food intake goal, and that's not counting the exercise. Meh, maybe this will slightly make up for yesterday being over.
    Baby Dale
    26th January 2014 - Forever in our hearts
    :A
    Eli Gabriel 19th February 2015
    :j
  • louby40
    louby40 Posts: 1,519 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Another good day...am resisting the chocolate and biscuits in the staffroom at school

B - porridge
    L - hm leek and potato soup hm bread roll
    T - chilli and rice
    S - banana, yogurt, cereal bar, orange

No exercise but wearing my pedometer and lots of steps walked

Louise
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income