IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Ticket Appeals article discussion

Options

Comments

• Coblcris
    Coblcris Posts: 1,862 Forumite
    Options
    How do you know this land belongs to the parking company ? That would very unusual that the PPC owned a Staples car park. I take it you found out from the Land Registry ?
  • Karlew
    Karlew Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    I do not know that this land belongs to the company. That was what I was told by a Staples assistant.
  • Neil_B
    Neil_B Posts: 1,360 Forumite
    edited 29 May 2009 at 2:08AM
    Options
    Edit
  • Pennylane
    Pennylane Posts: 2,707 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 10 June 2009 at 3:30PM
    Options
    Just received a parking fine and I am SO :mad::mad:

I took my elderly disabled mother out, went to a council run car park. Fee was £1 for 2 hrs. Tried to pay at machine and £1 went straight through. I tried several times, then tried another £1. No joy. We had no more coins between us so I laid her Blue Disabled Badge on the dashboard (and set the time as evidence) and wrote a polite note saying that machine would not accept my coins and left that next to the badge.

We came back just over an hour later and got a £75 ticket (or £40 if paid in 14 days). Written on ticket was "note on dash. Tried 2 x £1 coins 10.45. I tried coins, it worked." That made me so mad because his coins might well have worked but mine most definitely would not. It was the only ticket machine available so I couldn't think what else to do.
  • debz1989
    debz1989 Posts: 73 Forumite
    Options
    Hiya,

Just looking for some information about appropriate charges. Recently had my car towed which I am appealing on the grounds of appalling signage, but wanted to double check what Martin says in the article regardging appropriate charges for being towed etc. In order to get my car back I was charged £30 for the PCN, and £150 in order for the council to 'realease' it so £180 altogether. At no point were charges for towing the car mentioned. So I'm really just wondering if Glasgow Council have changed what the payment is for (ie releasing the car) so that they can make it more expensive (according to the article, the rough indication for towing charges in Scotland is £105).

Any help would be much appreciated!
    Thanks!
    Debbie
  • Neil_B
    Neil_B Posts: 1,360 Forumite
    Options
    Oh well it's Friday - and may as well.

Hahahahahahahhhahahahaha!
  • christa54
    Options
    Hi
    can anyone help? I was at Preston Royal Hospital yesterday and received a civil penalty notice stating code 1 Failure to display a valid parking permit/ticket. there were no signs that I could see near where i was parked stating that it was restricted parking. (the ticket was issued five minutes after I had gone into the building)

Martin states that the ticket has to quote the Traffic Management Act 2004 is this right because it it not written anywhere on the ticket.

I have emailed them to appeal against the ticket and will wait to see what they say.

but can anyone clarify the wording for the TMA
  • Coblcris
    Coblcris Posts: 1,862 Forumite
    Options
    Emailing was a mistake in my opinion. The TMA only applies to decriminalised parking enforced by councils. You should forget about the TMA until and unless you get a council ticket.
  • parkingman
    Options
    I have been a subscriber to the site for a few months now and have been helped out on a number of occasions. I came across this thread and thought I could help and offer advice. I will have to remain anon as you will gather that I am employed by a council in parking. I have been for a number of years. If anyone would like some advice then I will gladly give it. I know nothing of private land but I do know thw systems well used by councils. However I will not and can not for moarl reasons help people who are blatant abusers of rules and regs put in place ultimately for road safety. However, general advice to those who need it I will gladly give.

Parkingman......
  • ssr123
    ssr123 Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    I was on my way to collect an item from Argos in Hammersmith from Hanwell w7. It was not available in nearby stores.I had picked up my wife and 11 year old daughter from school and as it was a long drive that i had not made before, my wife suggested i park and she would find out if there was a shorter route we could take. We parked in front of some shops and we were not causing any blockage of traffic. She came back in litterally 2 minutes with instructions. We turned back i followed a much shorter route via the A4. I was astonished to recieve a PCN notice (18-05-09) Anyway i made an appeal on the 25th of MAY and had not heard anything so i thought the council had quashed it. On the 20th of JULY ( nearly two months later) i recievd a letter stating that my appeal was not succesful. Can they reply so late and is there anything i can do about it. :confused:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure