IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Ticket Appeals article discussion

Former_MSE_Wendy
Former_MSE_Wendy Posts: 929
I've been Money Tipped! Newshound! PPI Party Pooper Best Buy Bear
Forumite

This thread is for discussing the
Parking Ticket Appeals guide.

To discuss/ask a question click post reply.
If you want particular help on your own case you can start a new discussion on the Parking Fines and Tickets board, although there is no guarantee someone will be able to help.
Alternatively go to the
Report Parking Ticket Appeal Successes thread to let everyone know if you've won a case
*** Get the Martin's Money Tips Free E-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips ***

Comments

• hello can any one help with this one
    have had 3 fines from Newham council for driving in the bus lane. each fine has a picture of my car with its tyre on the white line no other part of the car is in the bus lane! i have appealled but they have written back to say that if the tyre is on the white line it is contravening the law.
    the picture shows no obstruction to a bus, my route takes me away from the bus lane so ther is no intention to use the bus lane. the roads are also clear of traffic so there is no reason for using a bus lane. if they viwed the whole journey of my car on this stretch of road thereis no way i would be seen in the bus lane, but for the fleeting moment the tyre is on the white line.
    it is a common sense judgement i'm looking for can i get that from the council or am i looking to pay £180 over the christmas period?
    help is desperately wanted. thanks
  • Neil_B
    Neil_B Posts: 1,360 Forumite
    You can quite possibly start smiling!

Firstly though, you need to start your own thread.

I can tell you exactly where this was ! Newham have been doing it for years with some occasional press coverage but some more recent reluctance of press to publicise it.

Barking Road, Eastbound, near junction with Burgess Road as you approach the roundabout with A406 North Circular - if I could afford it I'd put money on it!

Point is, just last week Newham were slammed by the Adjudication service for this ridiculous behaviour. I have the entire file of case details from start to finish.

Confirm location and I'll tell you what you need to do.

(Crabman - please separate if possible?)
  • Neil_B
    Surprised at no response?

If i am right about the location - and just from your description anyway - you have a good chance of saving your money!
  • Hi. Hope you don't mind me jumping in on this thread but I have received a PCN for being in a bus lane on Barking Road (the exact location mentioned by Neil B).

From the image Newham sent me, my car does not appear to be in the bus lane. However, it may be possible that the back wheel is on the white line but it is very difficult to make out whether it is. In the image, traffic lights are blocking the entire view of my car so I cannot be certain whether the back wheel is resting on the white line. The front passenger wheel is obscured by the traffic lights but looking at the angle of my car to the angle of the white line, I would say it is not.

The notice is dated 16.12.08 and I received it on 18.12.08 and am in the process of drafting formal representations.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
  • Neil_B
    Jazzi wrote: »
    Hi. Hope you don't mind me jumping in on this thread but I have received a PCN for being in a bus lane on Barking Road (the exact location mentioned by Neil B).

From the image Newham sent me, my car does not appear to be in the bus lane. However, it may be possible that the back wheel is on the white line but it is very difficult to make out whether it is. In the image, traffic lights are blocking the entire view of my car so I cannot be certain whether the back wheel is resting on the white line. The front passenger wheel is obscured by the traffic lights but looking at the angle of my car to the angle of the white line, I would say it is not.

The notice is dated 16.12.08 and I received it on 18.12.08 and am in the process of drafting formal representations.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

1/. Start your own thread or ask the board guide 'crabman' to separtae this. It is always important when people are working to dated deadlines so that they do not become confused - people then get info too late.

2/. I recommend you don't send any reps yet. Wait until i give you the details of the recent Adjudication. This should hopefully persuade Newham to back down quickly rather than you having to wait for your own tribunal hearing.
  • Ok thanks. I'll start a new thread.
  • Micro
    Micro Posts: 464 Forumite
    Hi, 2 friends of mine had been using a car park all day but as they were in and out all day purchased a new ticket each time they went in. On one of the occasions they went over the stated time. A camera picked it up and a ticket was given. The picture does not show who the driver as on that occasion. What should they do ?
    I owe many thanks to free-easy-money.com !:beer:
  • bargepole
    bargepole Posts: 3,231
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Micro wrote: »
    . What should they do ?
    What you should do is read the stickies and start a separate thread for this. This thread is only for discussing Martin's article.

I have been providing assistance, including Lay Representation at Court hearings (current score: won 57, lost 14), to defendants in parking cases for over 5 years. I have an LLB (Hons) degree, and have a Graduate Diploma in Civil Litigation from CILEx. However, any advice given on these forums by me is NOT formal legal advice, and I accept no liability for its accuracy.
  • Micro
    Micro Posts: 464 Forumite
    bargepole wrote: »
    What you should do is read the stickies and start a separate thread for this. This thread is only for discussing Martin's article.

Ooops sorry
    I owe many thanks to free-easy-money.com !:beer:
  • Neil_B wrote: »
    Surprised at no response?

If i am right about the location - and just from your description anyway - you have a good chance of saving your money!

you are absolutely right it is the exact same location, sorry i did not get back this earlier but am new to this website and was frustrated not being able to find my post and replies. it will be brilliant if you can help. I am not surprised there is someone else has the same case, I see numbers of cars with their tyres on the white line.
    i will check again tomorrow and see if you have picked this up
    thanks a million
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family