The Compers Inn (part 47)

Comments

• mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972
    Rampant Recycler
    Forumite
    I'm feeling relieved here as I have managed to retrieve a £5 voucher code from deleted emails. I am usually so careful and I am a bit annoyed with myself that I deleted it accidentally. I spent a long time searching for it before I realised that I must, after all, have deleted it.

Retrieving the email was a surprisingly straightforward process, I can remember having to do this years ago and I am sure it wasn't as easy then. The emails were very neatly listed. I use Hotmail, and in recent years they have made many improvements to their service, clearly this is one of them.

My survey vouchers and draw wins are usually used to buy little treats for myself on Amazon.

One of my fellow reviewers of free items got in to doing surveys when he retired. With the vouchers he won or earned. he bought items on Amazon which he then reviewed. He had the time to write insightful and good quality reviews which caught the eye of Amazon and led to him becoming a Amazon Vine trusted reviewer.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • leanfun30
    leanfun30 Posts: 3,203
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Morning sunny but cold wind here.

Indie lovely to hear you had weekend off and DS and GF treated you. Good luck with comps.

McCulloch well done on the pan set. They look great and good sizes for you. Great review. It's brilliant when something comes that you really would like and can use. Pleased you found your voucher. Can't believe Amazon delivery on Easter Sunday.

Sheils great DDs bf had access to a long ladder and ideas on how to rescue Angus.

Sylvia great you have computer up again and enjoyed your birthday. My DH used to like grocery shopping but suddenly became so slow going around he went completely off it so occasionally we do a big shop online for things to go in cupboard and just go around for fresh things.

Rose great you saw family over weekend. Lo at tea bags. I'm like FireFly and Alfie coffee every time. In fact I've always been allergic to tea even the smell.

Well I'm quite a bit better. So pleased I have iPad would not have managed laptop. Yesterday was an ordeal driving back with DS and GKs.everyone is back to school now. Have managed to put socks on by resting foot on something high. I too was awake lots in the night and could not get comfy. Here's hoping we have a better night tonight Rose and Sylvia.

Forgot to say. Lady from company I asked to redraw tickets sent us two Molly Monster Easter Eggs arrived Saturday.

Well start of another week. This month is flying by. Good luck everyone calling in to the Inn.
  • rosemac
    rosemac Posts: 6,576 Forumite
    There is a big announcement coming shortly from Downing Street. They think Theresa May is stepping down due to ill health. She has Type one diabetes. She is calling for a General Election.?
  • fire**fly
    fire**fly Posts: 147,789
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    :j leanfun, that's lovely they sent you the
    easter eggs :T:j
    & glad you're feeling lots better x

well done finding & retrieving the voucher code mcculloch :T
    lol, I much prefer online shop nowdays sylv,

:dance: just had a wem from look mag dailys & have won
    The Edge of Seventeen DVD and Merchandise :j:j
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• fire**fly
    Forumite
    rosemac wrote: »
    There is a big announcement coming shortly from Downing Street. They think Theresa May is stepping down due to ill health. She has Type one diabetes. She is calling for a General Election.?

just been watching it rose,
    there's a very lively thread with it in DT :eek:
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• wingobins
    wingobins Posts: 20,649
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    220336-Funny-Tuesday-Good-Morning-Quote.jpg

Afternoon lovelies! :wave: I may as well do a bit of comping than wait for my lot to get dressed! Hubby gone to his mams so waiting for DD2 so we can pop out somewhere. I've got a book full of vouchers but only used a couple so far. DD1 having a sleepover with her college friends again so she will use some KFC ones.

Well done on the win fire**fly :T I'm like you with coffee as I don't drink tea but I need my morning coffee to start the day! :)

Gosh Rose, it's all happening on your road. Glad no one was hurt though.
    I saw that about the general election, fb is full of it!

Sheils, it's lucky that your DD's BF is a fireman! Good thinking with the washing basket! :D Is it tomorrow you go away for a few days?

Leanfun, glad you are feeling much better but take things easy. Xx That's lovely of them sending you Easter eggs :)

Well done on the pans McCulloch :j I need a good set of pans, I've had mine for donkeys....but I guess they must have been a good set if I've had them so long!

Hope you've had a lovely Easter with the family Alfie :)

Glad you had a nice Easter too indie. I bought myself an Easter egg that was on offer!

We spoke to neighbour yesterday and they are going to replace fence. Apparently they got their house broke into again the day before yesterday. I hadn't heard anything but I went to bed with migraine and it was the only night I had finally slept. I haven't been sleeping lately and I heard their dog in the garden at 3am on Saturday but their door was open too. I think they just leave the door open for the dog so I'm not really surprised they got burgled tbh. It wasn't anything big either like a tv that got stolen but things you wouldn't expect them to steal! They once went out all day and left their van wide open with all tools in back!

Right gonna go to see mum for a while with DD before she goes to gym later. Be lucky everyone!
    Big thanks to all who contribute to the forums. Be lucky everyone and be safe!
  • rosemac
    rosemac Posts: 6,576 Forumite
    Good news here. Niece had a baby boy just after ten this morning. 8lbs 4oz Mother and baby well.:j:)
  • sheils6
    sheils6 Posts: 15,850
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    1.gif

Hi everyone,

Had a busy morning and visited my parents too.
    Hope everyone sleeps better tonight! I seem to have had a fairly good sleeping time lately which is unusual for me.

Lovely to have a new baby in the family rose. Glad all went well.

Hope you had a nice visit into town Sylvia.

Well done on latest win FF - sounds good.

We head off on Thursday wingo and will be meeting our lovely Becks and her partner for dinner then. Really looking forward to it. Then off to Crich on the Friday and then into the Peak district.

Bored with hearing from all the politicians already!

Wishing everyone a lucky week.

sheils x
    Mar Wins :- £2 GfK Media

Best Win of 2019 - Forest Holiday :)
  • AlfieBlue
    AlfieBlue Posts: 14,691
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Forumite
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTpnre5CfHlPlqaQn710LVrzTcwqpSMuHk2jNgslanqwcYOUmziducafe.gif

:heartsmil Eggspresso :heartsmil :drool:

:hello: Hellooeee everyone

An eggcellent :p time was had by all over Easter with my
    lovely family. :grinheart :j We were out and about every
    day/evening and it was absolutely glorious.

We had beautiful weather too (same as today) .....

smileys-sunbathing-447880.gif

and all is well in my world. :D

:T Yay! Very well done to you wingo and your sis winning all
    that money at the seaside amusements! :T :j Sorry to hear
    that your dreadful neighbour is no better re her dog! :angry:
    Good for you holding your own - perhaps she'll now see
    sense though I somehow doubt it. _pale_

Yorkie.gif~c200

Many happy returns Sylvia on your 70th - so pleased you had a
    wonderful time with your lovely family on your special day. :grin: _party_

Beautiful Cookware Set mcculloch29 and a really brilliant
    review. :T You have such a wonderful way with words. :T :)

Lovely that you received two Molly Monster Easter Eggs
    leanfun from the same lady who you had asked to redraw your
    ticket win - some people are so very thoughtful. :D

:j Very well done on The Edge of Seventeen DVD and
    Merchandise
    win fire**fly! :j :D :T

bebe20.gif Wonderful baby news rose! :T

Oh forgot to say :p - son-in-law put up a new bat house for me
    over the weekend - a replacement for one which had been up
    for years and had eventually given up the ghost. :eek:

graphics-bats-088101.gif

My son had bought the new one for me (we have so many little
    bats flitting around at dusk and through the night) and their
    house is now positioned on a side wall of my abode. :T

My puddy cat gets up to all sorts of mischief too sheils and
    she's an indoor cat! So pleased that Angus jumped into the
    washing basket! mini-graphics-cats-543934.gif :T :D

Well, got a fair bit of comping to catch up on plus ironing
    etc. :eek: so had best get on I suppose! :p

Have a lovely rest of the day all and please take care ....

Alfie xxx smileys-gardening-291500.gif
    MILITARY WIVES CHOIRS
    HELP for HEROES
    <3
  • fire**fly
    Forumite
    edited 18 April 2017 at 6:10PM
    rosemac wrote: »
    Good news here. Niece had a baby boy just after ten this morning. 8lbs 4oz Mother and baby well.:j:)
    :j congratulations to niece & family rose :j

738376945_1517219.gif?4 x

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure