Struggling to get refund from Argos

Options
I ordered a new washing machine on 2nd November, however due to issues with installation I cancelled the order on 12th November before it arrived. I paid with my Argos card and was told the refund would be processed and back on my card within 7 working days. On 21st November I contacted them again to say refund has not been received, I was told that "The order has not been updated, I will get this actioned for you immediately and the refund put back on your card". I was told this would take 3-5 working days! I have both transcripts for these conversations as they were done via live chat. On 27th November I called them as the refund had not appeared still. I was told once again that it had not been processed and they were going to sort this out right away and speak to the "Back Office" and it should again take 3-5 working days to process. I was fuming by this point. It is now coming up to the 5th working day and I have still not received the refund. My question is: If this refund is still not back in my account by tomorrow, what next step can I do? I have been told 3 times it has not been processed and I have still not had my money back! Help!

Comments

• eddddy
    eddddy Posts: 16,441 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    My question is: If this refund is still not back in my account by tomorrow, what next step can I do?

I guess you could try phoning, writing, tweeting instead: https://www.argos.co.uk/help/contact-us/

Beyond that - from a legal perspective, it sounds like Argos have breached the contract, so you could make a section 75 claim against Argos Card (Home Retail Group Card Services Limited) as they are jointly liable.

But I suspect that would be even slower.

Or make a claim in the small claims court. (A letter before action might [or might not] hurry them up.)
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'd do a chargeback, which should be quicker than a S75 claim, and ought to be uncontested by Argos given that they know they owe you the money.
  • WillPS
    WillPS Posts: 3,475 Forumite
    Newshound! First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    agrinnall wrote: »
    I'd do a chargeback, which should be quicker than a S75 claim, and ought to be uncontested by Argos given that they know they owe you the money.
    It's a store card, so there is no Visa/Mastercard/Amex chargeback option.
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    WillPS wrote: »
    It's a store card, so there is no Visa/Mastercard/Amex chargeback option.

Ah, missed that, good point.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport