IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

pcn please help

mrsh4
mrsh4 Posts: 5 Forumite
hi, would someone please help me
*sorry in advance if I have wrote this in the wrong place, if I have please let me know and I will try and sort it.

we paid in good paith for 24 hrs parking in a near empty carpark.
the following morning my husband returned to remove our vehicle to find a parking charge notice for £60 had been issued because we were parked outside of a bay.

no revenue had been lost and we had not caused any problems to other drivers

Comments

• wiogs
    wiogs Posts: 2,744 Forumite
    Read the newbies thread and follow the advice there.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    edited 20 November 2014 at 5:07PM
    Classic, empty car park, you park slightly askew, they demand £££. You appeal, they reject it, you appeal to Adjudicator, adjudicator finds for PPC, they pester you, you ignore, they huff and puff, you still ignore, they (eventually) go away, what a waste of everyone's time.

Is this a breach or a contractual term? If the latter, is the invoice a v.a.t. invoice? If not ask them to send you one, if they demur grass them up to Revenue and Customs, and copy them in on your letter.

Here is some reading for you

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4835260
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • mrsh4
    edited 20 November 2014 at 5:25PM
    thank you wiogs
    I have read it but still unsure what the next step for me could be, im so confused , never had a pcn before . wish I would have seen the newbie guide before as I could have done things better?

hope someone can help me
    really stressed about it
    I thought £60 was expensive
    now £100 which I can't really afford especially this time of the year
    and if I don't pay worried what will happen
  • Grimble
    Grimble Posts: 455 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Do not worry, they huff and puff, tell lies, then go away.
  • eddy1
    eddy1 Posts: 136 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi Mrsh

understandable worrying, however it is wise to take a leaf out of those experienced in these matters, who do not appear to worry over such matters.

my advice would be to read around the forums for situations similar to yours and get a feel for the process, it takes a bit of time I know, but it will offer some reassurance for you. the newbies is very helpful

alternatively I believe you can contact parking ticket appeals and pay them £16 to sort this out for you. I think I am correct in saying this at this time, however someone more experienced might correct me on this. this company will take over appeal, and if they lose will pay what is being requested.

most advice on this forum will be not to pay these unscrupulous firms, but sometimes people do not want hassle such as this, but it is a situation that you can win if you follow the advice on the forums

good luck

eddy
  • mrsh4
    many thanks eddy & the deep I am going to spend a few hours on this tomorrow searching through as many forums as I can find,

just taken a look at the firm in Sheffield who fight your pcn for you, I would have happily paid £16 but I think I maybe too late now, I think they only take it on from the first stage?
    think I will contact them tomorrow to clarify,

wish I was a stronger person then I wouldn't worry as much

thanks again :A:A
  • These lot are part of the kangaroo court called the IPC. You could ignore them, they are a small outfit and, as others have said, will huff and puff and send increasingly threatening letters which you just file away.

Or use the Parking Ticket Appeals Service for £16 - they'll guarantee to deal with it.

Choice is yours.
  • Hi there,

im from ITV's new hit show Judge Rinder. I may be able to help with your money problem, so please drop me and email on jayne.coyne@itv.com or ring me on 01619521016 and i can see how i can help you.

Thanks
  • I hardly think a PPC are going to agree to be mullah'd on a TV program. Let's face it, that could be the only outcome lol
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,566 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    jayncoyne wrote: »
    Hi there,

im from ITV's new hit show Judge Rinder. I may be able to help with your money problem, so please drop me and email on [EMAIL="jayne.coyne@itv.com"]jayne.coyne@itv.com[/EMAIL] or ring me on 01619521016 and i can see how i can help you.

Thanks
    Hahahaha can you imagine a PPC and a victim in front of Judge Rinder?!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure