Charities board update
Please note, our Forum rules no longer allow the posting of links to personal fundraising or crowdfunding pages, such as JustGiving. You can read the full set of our Forum rules here.

Please answer some questions on Vintage/Retro clothing/charity shops for my research

Hi I'm Rose,
I am a marketing student studying at Bournemouth University, currently conducting a sector intelligence report on Charity shops and Vintage Clothing. To inform my research, I am conducting a content analysis (netnography) and was wondering if you'd answer a few questions! All replies are kindly welcomed and much appreciated!

1. Gender/age/occupation?
2. Why would you purchase vintage/retro clothing over clothing that is new? (How do the clothes make you feel? What is the difference?)
3. Where would you look to find vintage/retro clothing? (Would you consider looking for vintage and retro clothing at a charity shop?)
4. Do you enjoy shopping in charity shops? (Why? If not, what would encourage you?)

Look forward to hearing your responses!
Best wishes,
Rose Buckland

Comments

• 1. Gender/age/occupation?
    female /54 / shop assistant
    2. Why would you purchase vintage/retro clothing over clothing that is new? (How do the clothes make you feel? What is the difference?)
    Better quality for the price, less likely to meet someone else wearing the same outfit
    3. Where would you look to find vintage/retro clothing? (Would you consider looking for vintage and retro clothing at a charity shop?)
    Portobello Market / charity shops
    4. Do you enjoy shopping in charity shops? (Why? If not, what would encourage you?)
    I love going to charity shops and will go out of my way to go to one. I buy most of my clothing and books at charity shops.
    The best portion of your life will be the small, nameless moments you spend smiling with someone who matters to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure