Driveway removed, car in a hole - my fault?

Comments

• Richard53
    Richard53 Posts: 3,173
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Log it on Fixmystreet.com. It's anonymous and in my experience the LA investigate each report - so it will be looked at, at least.
    If someone is nice to you but rude to the waiter, they are not a nice person.
  • mgdavid
    mgdavid Posts: 6,705
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Car_54 wrote: »
    How about "It was dark, raining and I just didn't notice"?

How about 'it was dark, raining and because of that I took extra care to check that my path was clear and safe before reversing across the pavement into someone's private drive'.

Oh, wait.
    The questions that get the best answers are the questions that give most detail....
  • mgdavid
    mgdavid Posts: 6,705
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    deaston wrote: »
    Does mentioning it once mean I "keep referring" to it?

And again, I've made that mistake of being concerned about the wellbeing of others and the homeowner's duty toward others (not naughty, evil me, or my car, but anyone else who may fall into/trip over his trench).

But fear not, I'm not going to raise it with the council or the homeowner, so the trench will be there as a hazard for everyone else - children, dog walkers, the blind, the postman... everyone.

You seem to make a lot of mistakes....
    The questions that get the best answers are the questions that give most detail....
  • NBLondon
    NBLondon Posts: 5,517
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Car_54 wrote: »
    Are they driving a time-machine disguised as a car?
    Wouldn't they be doing 88mph then?
    Wash your Knobs and Knockers... Keep the Postie safe!
  • System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    You hope my car is damaged? That's very unkind. Although, as I've explained, the car is fine. And I'm not entirely sure why I'd have sleepless nights...

You're very lucky that you have never turned around on private land, but I'm not alone in doing so, so don't feel in the least bit guilty about it. In this case, I think the homeowner's personal harassment and threats against me are more serious than turning on private land, so I'm happy I was within the law.

Someone who owns £70k Range Rover, thinks its OK to go onto someones' property without permission and is shocked they might get a bit annoyed about it sees nothing wrong with turning on someones private land shocker.

In that case please can you post your address so next time I'm down your way in my 44 tonne truck and need to do a U turn I know whose garden I can use?
  • deaston
    deaston Posts: 477 Forumite
    Tarambor wrote: »
    Someone who owns £70k Range Rover, thinks its OK to go onto someones' property without permission and is shocked they might get a bit annoyed about it sees nothing wrong with turning on someones private land shocker.

In that case please can you post your address so next time I'm down your way in my 44 tonne truck and need to do a U turn I know whose garden I can use?

A lorry driver? I'm surprised you know how to type.

Might want to u-turn on my garden as soon as you can. Self-driving vehicles will soon be putting your low-paid "career" at quite serious risk.
  • MobileSaver
    MobileSaver Posts: 4,217
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Tonight I turned my car in someone's driveway. ... I had been looking for somewhere to turn for half a mile or so and didn't know where the road was leading nor how long I'd have to drive to find somewhere.
    I'm ok and it seems that's all that matters these days. ... None of them care about me, or my safety, or the safety of others. They just care about getting to their destination three minutes earlier.

The irony is mind-blowing! :rotfl:
    Every generation blames the one before...
    Mike + The Mechanics - The Living Years
  • Strider590
    Strider590 Posts: 11,874 Forumite
    Where's the popcorn smilie when you need it?
    “I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an a** of yourself.”

<><><><><><><><><<><><><><><><><><><><><><> Don't forget to like and subscribe \/ \/ \/
  • Aylesbury_Duck
    Aylesbury_Duck Posts: 13,879
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 14 March 2017 at 11:17PM
    A lorry driver? I'm surprised you know how to type.

Might want to u-turn on my garden as soon as you can. Self-driving vehicles will soon be putting your low-paid "career" at quite serious risk.
    Good grief OP. You really are an unpleasant individual. I had some sympathy for you when you described how the homeowner reacted after your accident. Indeed, you went on to say this:
    Thankfully, I'm the sort of polite person who doesn't rise to others attitudes.

That's that blown away, isn't it. You've come across as a self-entitled braggart with a superiority complex, only the people you consider yourself superior to aren't stuck in a hole through their own stupidity.

Congratulations. After negligently ending up in one hole and having to be pulled out, you've dug yourself into another one. Quite an achievement.
  • Interestingly the EXIF data was left on one of the photos he published. Nice phone the photo was taken from. Interesting location that can be obtained from the Lat/Long embedded in the data as well.

Note to all - clear the metadata when publishing docs / photos etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure