PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

September 2016 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• thriftwizard
    Options
    Uh-oh... another £30-odd (pence will be added tomorrow, when I locate the receipt) gone west, topping up the things that "vanished" whilst I was working away at the weekend. Not doing too well so far, must grab control back! I'm actually working or otherwise busy every weekend this month, but not staying away for any of the rest. But it's when other family members cook that my plans go awry...
    Angie - GC April 24 £432.06/£480: 2024 Fashion on the Ration Challenge: 10/68: (Money's just a substitute for time & talent...)
  • sharronej
    Options
    I have had a nsd today and I plan on nsd's tomorrow and Wednesday although by Thursday I will need some milk and fruit. I will go to Aldi and keep my spend to under £5 by buying the super six fruit. Today I have cut up all our credit cards, closed my catalogue and next accounts, deleted my payment cards from online shops including Amazon and PayPal, I've defrosted the freezer and had a look at what's in there to maximise savings this month. I've also set fixed payments on the cards which allow this - hopefully this time I can make it work! All in all a busy day. Good luck for the rest of the week everyone.
  • Meekie
    Meekie Posts: 124 Forumite
    Options
    Wow, sharronej, sounds like you have had a very productive day.

I spent 46.42 online in sainsby today but this is mostly for our housewarming party on Sunday when I'm catering for 60 people or maybe more. I'm a bit sad to be over the £200 mark already but parents have given me a £70 Sbury gift card as they are staying for two weeks this month- very kind of them to contribute.

Signature updated.
  • sharronej
    Options
    Thank you Meekie, hopefully I can manage something productive today too ;) A house warming party is a great reason to be over the £200 mark! Have a great time :)
  • wannalot
    wannalot Posts: 182 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    lynnejk wrote: »
    I think you're wishing your life away there - I'm sure you mean September eh :rotfl
    Lx

Oops, yes you are quite right!:embarasse

I had my first shop of the month yesterday - £3.88 on necessary stir fry veg and entirely unnecessary shocolate and sweets!

I'll need to do a proper shop when I get home from hols tonight, but I have vowed to myself not to go mad in my usual way! Milk will be a necessity at the airport though!
    2024 goals
    GC: Jan £160 (annual £1920)
    Savings: save £10K (or move house)
    Health: Lose 3 stone
    Mind: read at least 24 books
  • tumptyteapot
    Options
    anticipating a NSD today, teenager is cooking spicy tofu in rice for dinner, he has packed lunch, I need to make a soup from something......
    Tumptyteapot

• flipper_72
    Options
    donnajt wrote: »
    Chin up flipper, husband made redundant out of the blue first week of June, had a really couple of tight months, wish you love and luck

Thanks DonnaJT, it was quite a shock but life goes on :):) I have applied for 2 jobs and rearranged my DD bedroom so far today, just sitting down with a coffee and I remembered to put the rest of the hotwater in a flask so I can have another later without boiling the kettle :T
  • mrs-moneypenny
    Options
    Sorry been so busy I forgot to move across.

Went slightly over for August and finished at £432.78

Going for £400 for September

Busy decorating at the mo so probs won't be able to post much but I pop in to read and am using recipies for the lists.

Thank you To everyone who posts, your posts and advice are very useful.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • Lauralozzle
    Options
    Fully expecting a NSD today - so that takes me to 4 this month.
    February Grocery Budget: £190.75/£350.00
    NST no. NSD 4/15
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,874 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Budgets updated to here :)

Welcome/welcome back to:
    hazeldreams, VintageLady, Dipndo and sharronej :D

Good luck everyone,
    Coxy
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn 12/24
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure