Music Magpie: new quick way to sell unwanted CDs

Comments

• butterfly72
    butterfly72 Posts: 1,222 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Its doesn't want many of my CDs!! I'm selling mine on Amazon and am doing really well. I sold a limited ed Verve CD for £15 and a coldplay one for £19.99!! I only bother selling on amazon, ones that make over £1 profit after fees and p&p costs etc. I took my CDs that would make less than a quid profit to a carboot and sold loads at £1 a CD. I've still got piles of CD to list and sell. With my CDs and a few books I've made over £500 on amazon this year!
    £2019 in 2019 #44 - 864.06/2019
  • SoozyJ22
    SoozyJ22 Posts: 3,239 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Thanks very much for this. I normally sell my old CDs on Amazon or ebay, but had a few that weren't worth putting on there that I was about to throw out. I'll be making the grand total of £1.95 for 6 CDs, but much better than the big fat nothing I'd get otherwise :)
  • Thanks for this. They didnt want quite a lot of my CDs but was quite surprised at what they DID want. It seems that greatest hits / best of albums seem to generate a higher price than a normal studio album. I was quite surprised when they offered me £2.22 for S-Club - 'Best - The Greatest Hits of S-Club 7' :eek:
    Operation House Move £11993.60/£25000 (47% achieved)
    Save £12k in 2015 #135 (£390.21 / £2400) (16%)
  • Wow larlie1983 - i think they must lower the price the more CD's they get of the same - they only offered by 34p for my S Club 7 greatest hits!! (you know what's worse - i actually declined the offer!)

But i did make £9.44 on 9 CD's. Best one was offer of £3 for a 2 cd album of irish music that i had lurking!! lol

Was quite shocked that they offered 50p for Joey Lawrence album too! (Anyone remember him?!)

Great site though -so easy. Though with these things i always worry something might go wrong and things lost in post so fingers crossed.

Thanks OP!
  • lynzpower
    lynzpower Posts: 25,311 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    this is fantastic!

Ive been toying with sending a lot of mine to the chaity shop, Im sick of carting them from house to house ( we move A LOT) knowing that they are worth next to nothing. We uploaded a lot of it onto the hard drive to run through speakers so we dont need it .. Some of these cds are 10 years old! ( and really not that good lol)

Im up to 25.00 now and Ive still got a couple of shelves downstairs to go through still too, so hoping for a touch more!

Must be catching - Ohs now rooting through his vinyl collection- another thing VERY heavy to move in constant house moves - to my delight - he has found 2x tidy boxes worth already! Good times! I do not want to have to carry those boxes up any more flights of stairs!
    :beer: Well aint funny how its the little things in life that mean the most? Not where you live, the car you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
    Theres no dollar sign on piece of mind
    This Ive come to know...
    So if you agree have a drink with me, raise your glasses for a toast :beer:
  • MarkR_2
    MarkR_2 Posts: 276 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Great Post,
    Went through the box of cds had ready for next car boot sale ( when its not raining ha!)

they didnt want ANY S club 7 discs i tried ( they belonged to a friend yer honour/ burglers broke in and left em/ they were an unwanted presents....)
    Best one was £1.50 for Max Bygraves. Averaged about 50p a disc and will take about half the ones i tried :o) .
    Nope.... Still cant think of owt interesting to put here.
  • Shimrod
    Shimrod Posts: 1,069 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    lynzpower wrote: »
    this is fantastic!

Ive been toying with sending a lot of mine to the chaity shop, Im sick of carting them from house to house ( we move A LOT) knowing that they are worth next to nothing. We uploaded a lot of it onto the hard drive to run through speakers so we dont need it

If you are getting rid of the original CDs, you should also be deleting the tracks from the hard drive, otherwise you are in the realms of piracy, which isn't condoned on these boards.
  • lynzpower
    lynzpower Posts: 25,311 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Thanks, I had no idea - I thought that if you had paid the artsity you could keep them in any format. thanks for letting me know
    :beer: Well aint funny how its the little things in life that mean the most? Not where you live, the car you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
    Theres no dollar sign on piece of mind
    This Ive come to know...
    So if you agree have a drink with me, raise your glasses for a toast :beer:
  • GaryS
    GaryS Posts: 807 Forumite
    Why on earth are people selling their cds for such a small amount when they obviously cost a lot more when new.

I used to run a mobile disco years ago and still have all of my cds, and have no plans to sell any of them.

I also keep all of the dvds that I buy and have built up a very good collection of both over the years.

In addition to that I also have my cds imported into Itunes for easier playing - currently approx 18000 tracks.
  • MarkR_2
    MarkR_2 Posts: 276 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    On the confirmation email for CD's selling noticed they have another site for Games www.gamemagpie.co.uk Am going to wait and see what happens with the music CDs first; if that all goes Ok will have a games clear out too... Theres some wouldnt mind buying on there too.
    I think its a great idea and I hope they do well. Way of getting rid of clutter thats not being used with some income from it. Plus pretty reasonable prices on some of the games, so stuff will be used .
    Has anyone tried buying a game from them? Just added one to basket, and trying to checkout but it takes me round in circles.
    Nope.... Still cant think of owt interesting to put here.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.5K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.9K Life & Family
  • 247.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure