Ultimate Challenge. 457 days / £16600!!!

Comments

• Cod3....glad your inspired!:T.. you can get creative now..:T

And thank you for your well wishes...
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • LexieLou
    LexieLou Posts: 714
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hey.

I LOVE your post...mainly because you've just told me that I have 457 days to be debt free. I have been in debt for as long as I can remember and it's not a nice place. It's OK when you have money as you don't realise how indebt you are, if that makes sense.

I added up my outstanding debt tonight and it's sitting at about £12,000, so that's £861 a month assuming that I pay it off as fast as I can and also include the interest payments each month. It's tough, but the Scalifax have increased their overdraft charges and that's an extra £25 a month and so it goes on and on. You get the picture.

I'll subscribe to your posts and pop in and say hi. My diary is just a moaning session..but no-one knows the extent of my debt so it's my only escape means of this place I'm in.

I'm off to bed and then to 'my good warm work' as a lovely lady used to say to me each morning as I passed her by.

Talk soon.

LL xx
    £38,000 and change to £0
  • brokemedic
    brokemedic Posts: 427 Forumite
    I have just done the same. I make "Buddha Bowls".. tubs of different foods thrown in one pot. Very substantial and cheap cause I am a veggie... potatoes, Mediterranean cous cous, spicy veggie mince..three bean salad etc. Dull but its gonna be a staple for a while.. I like the different flavours and LOVE my food .. since its the most interesting part of my work day I need to make it fun...:rotfl:

Thank you for the good wishes...

Delicious... I think I need to start being more adventurous with my lunches as well.. atm it's a cheese salad sandwich with a liberal sprinkling of chilli pepper lol.. I am addicted to hot n spicy food..

I think I am going to have to sit down and tackle my budget again to see if there are any further savings to be made.. Am awfully tempted to invest in a Sky/Virgin media package as I think I spend so much time at home, I deserve it but it was this attitude that got me into this trouble in the first place :o:o. No, brokemedic you are not to get a satellite dish lol!!

I also need to sit down and divide my total debt by 11 - the number of months I have to my debt-free wanna-be date lol.. I dread to think how much it will be.. but I have to do it :(
    One debt in 100 days £384/1264(£865 left)
    Pay all your debt off by xmas 2014 £276/18864
    NSD 4 and 4 in a row
  • LexieLou welcome on board..:T. thank you for your post. I swear the more people on here that know the better but I can see why people don't tell those around them! I think on my last check my debt per month is about £1147 or £37 a day. Breaking it down into days is preventing me from buying myself breakfast etc.. even that 80p is costs! I brought my own today as I have been doing most days its the little bits inbetween that break the back ( crisps, hot chocolate out of boredom etc )... BrokeMedic is all over this "bring your own food" ...:).

LL your post made me ask myself what I had done to bolster my income. I had a NSD yesterday so was well proud of myself - hopefully another today. 2 ebay items sold @ £5 each ( £7.20 with postage ) so will await the "free listing" with batted breath to get more up there!!:D
    I have made a list of books that I am going to sell on amazon - FatBrain have accepted 3 for £16.20.. just awaiting that payment to clear though before I get too excited! So that's £26.20...every little helps I guess!!

Do you use Approved Foods.com.. highly recommended. Nowt better that 10 packs of pasta from Sainsburies for £1.:rotfl:They are doing expensive toiletries too though.. I got 6 x Weleda Gifts packs ( expensive organic range ) for hampers for Christmas. They were supposed to be £16 each and I got them for £3... you MUST look...

BrokeMedic ...shame on you! You do not NEED a Sky package - you shouldn't have it at all. Get a FREEview box / or at least a recordable one. Don't pay for something you can get for free and that will ultimately rot your brain... read a book! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:( sound like my mother there ...lol!! )

....then treat yourself to an immense holiday next year with money you have SAVED!..( naughty brokemedic )....
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • Okay I just had to share how I "possibly" made some money recently.. some transactions are awaiting "approval" - but one can get a little excited...

• £9 - checque as repayment from BT that is somewhere in my room that I never lodged.
    • £10 - Ebay sales secured last night.
    • £16.20 - Fatbrain book buyback.
    • £29.70 - ( plus £5 October offer ) book trade-in...
    • £13.79 - Nationwide pennies in other accounts...
    • £12 - return product to company that I forgot about ( may not get this as its passed its 30 day return policy but I wrote a nice note )..
    So there you go - fingers crossed for £90.69 return. Not bad for a snuffle round my room for "pennies"...:T
    And I got more bits to sell on Ebay... just waiting for a "free inset" weekend...
  • So there you go - fingers crossed for £90.69 return. Not bad for a snuffle round my room for "pennies"...:T

And I got more bits to sell on Ebay... just waiting for a "free inset" weekend...

That is flippin' ace!
    CC1 = [STRIKE]£10,323[/STRIKE] £8,200
    CC2 = [STRIKE]£8,437[/STRIKE] £0
    Loan = [STRIKE]£3200[/STRIKE] £0
    Total = [STRIKE]£21,960[/STRIKE] £8,200

£10/day challenge: £10
  • I think on my last check my debt per month is about £1147 or £37 a day. Breaking it down into days is preventing me from buying myself breakfast etc.. even that 80p is costs!

Thank you so much for this tip, I have just done this and somehow a daily target seems so much more achievable than the monthly one!!

• CDTDays.. thanks for that... you got a similar amount to me! Go see whats lurking for a "£5 for everything" sale on Ebay in your house..

I just thought very hard and found another 7 items - just can't wait to get home and take pictures of them... lol!
  • I certainly will do!! You have inspired me!
    Tonight I am washing and ironing my daughter's old baby clothes *sniff* to sell at an NCT sale this Saturday. The comission is higher there (being a charity and all) but the price per item is higher than bootfairs so I think all in it should work!

Also just had a quick check on my gas and electricity bill and I am £132 in credit yay, so just have to decide which lucky credit card gets the extra money :-)

How much I am waiting for the day when that extra £132 will be more of a question of, weekend break or shiny new shoes :-)

• Oh no! The baby clothes!! But seeing it's a charity you are helping another mother in need! This is a good thing... not quite the same but I have decided to sell a very beautiful expensive vintage dress that doesn't quite do up and that I shouldn't have bought in the first place....finger crossed for both of us..

YEAH!! for the credit!! That is excellent news!!

You will get new shoes some day don't worry - until then tesco carrier bags work a treat...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure