Card Exchange Rates

Options
Hi,

I am deciding between MONZA Prepaid Card and the REVOLUT Prepaid Card for my holiday to the USA. One card uses the MasterCard exchange rate and the other uses the interbank exchange rate. Which one is better to pick? Does the MasterCard generally get the better rate?

Please can someone help me
Thanks!

Comments

• Gloomendoom
    Gloomendoom Posts: 16,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Whenever I have checked, the difference is so small it's not worth bothering about.
  • C99
    C99 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    Thank you!

Would you recommend the MONZA Card then? Over the Revolut. I'm not sure which to get but the MONZA seems like the better option.
    Thanks in advance.
  • WAYT
    WAYT Posts: 694 Forumite
    Options
    C99 wrote: »
    Thank you!

Would you recommend the MONZA Card then? Over the Revolut. I'm not sure which to get but the MONZA seems like the better option.
    Thanks in advance.

Revolut is good for being able to purchase the US$ or Euro when the rate is good.

Monzo and Loot.io and Starling Bank better for ATM withdrawal, as Revolut's £200 monthly limit is poor.
  • eDicky
    eDicky Posts: 6,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It's not wise to only have one suitable source of funds when traveling, any card can sometimes fail or be lost, stolen etc. Take both Revolut and Monzo, the only cost will be a fiver for the Revolut card, study their FAQs and Fair Usage Policy.
    Evolution, not revolution
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport