Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 18th Feb 15, 6:31 PM
    • 12,563Posts
    • 46,003Thanks
    savingwannabe
    The Happy Savings Fund
    • 18th Feb 15, 6:31 PM
    The Happy Savings Fund 18th Feb 15 at 6:31 PM
    I am going to copy over all my posts about my new kitchen or lack of it!!!!

I am changing my thread name back to a more saving focussed one so I don't get distracted.

Addendum: I have changed the name again as I am planning to chill out now I have savings and am going to continue to save for happy times. lol.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 03-12-2016 at 8:16 PM. Reason: to re-focus my savings
    Savings Fund(Nov 2017) £7000/£8000 84%
    Happiness Fund (Dec 1st 2017) £60/£600
    Reminder: I HAVE EVERYTHING I COULD WANT so SAVE!!!!
Page 62
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 25th Jun 17, 12:43 PM
    • 12,563 Posts
    • 46,003 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Hello ladies, it's hard as everyone I know is planning to go on a lovely holiday and I wont be able to. Today was a good day, I had a lovely fry up, then we walked round the shops. I bought eye drops, new diary for next year, loaf of bread. My total spend was £3.75.

I have £15 in my purse now for the week ahead. It'll be cheap as my parents will bring loads of food for me.

I do have slightly more in my bank account but I am not going to touch it. I hope I am able to take in students over the summer as I don't know how I can cut back any more.

Ive just put a wash out and will sleep for a bit (as I am tired after the fry up ) then I will do some ironing.

I might ebay some odd stuff around the house in the holiday. I am looking out for things I can get rid of.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; Today at 1:02 PM.
    • VintageHistorian
    • By VintageHistorian 25th Jun 17, 1:29 PM
    • 96 Posts
    • 541 Thanks
    VintageHistorian
    I'm sure there was a thread in the "Boost Your Income" forum at one point about taking in students over holidays. Might be worth a read to see what other people's experiences have been, and what kinds of questions you should ask the woman who comes to view the house?

Edit - Found the thread! http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=576176
    "You won't bloom until you're planted" - Graffiti spotted in Newcastle.

Make £3 a Day in May 2017 - ££25.74/£93 (2017 total - £112.98) | Womble #03 - £4.32 | Overpayments - £490.88
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 25th Jun 17, 5:02 PM
    • 12,563 Posts
    • 46,003 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Thank you so much. It sounds quite good. I think I might enjoy it if I am accepted!

I have seen the weather and it will be good tomorrow so I am taking tomorrow as my day off in the week so I can spend the day with my parents who are visiting.

Housey is tidy - ive cleaned gas cooker, fridge, bathroom so I can chill. I still haven't ironed and might do that tomorrow.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,061Posts Today

8,304Users online

Martin's Twitter