Free sample of either BBC Wildlife Magazine or BBC Countryfile Magazine

Free sample of either BBC Wildlife Magazine or BBC Countryfile Magazine.

Call 0800 665 424 ("free from all consumer landlines and mobiles") or text 78070.

Quote either:
WL0RT17FR for BBC Wildlife Magazine, or CF0RT17FR for BBC Countryfile Magazine.

Offer ends 15th July.
One copy of either magazine per household. Only 5000 copies available.

Comments

• Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,556 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Call 0800 665 424 (free from landlines & mobiles)
    or text 78070 (text entries at your mobile network rate)

Claim your free issue and quote either:
    CFOSA17FR for BBC Countryfile magazine
    WLOSA17FR for BBC Wildlife magazine
    Customers will be contacted by telephone to arrange delivery of their free issue.

Offer limited to one copy of either magazine per household
    Only 5000 copies available
    Offer ends 15 July 17

Think this was a flier from Saga!
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,29 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=163 £86 spent!!!
  • dave2319
    dave2319 Posts: 542 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Hi Katie.

Mine was also a flyer but from the Radio Times.

By the way, I wonder if you also posted somewhere else and it was moved to here. My post's been moved twice now! :o
    Like I was saying in a PM to Sarah, the board guide, maybe people like me should read more closely but I think it's confusing where these posts should go.
    I've just read this topic, and in the second post it says: "If a freebie requires a low spend ie a text, phone call, SAE, or p&p to be paid, please post it on our new sub-board The Freebies low spend board".

Maybe there's no requirement to text in this case, but I think it would be nice to see more clarity, and possibly slightly fewer different places for posting freebies.
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,897 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    dave2319 wrote: »
    Hi Katie.

Mine was also a flyer but from the Radio Times.

By the way, I wonder if you also posted somewhere else and it was moved to here. My post's been moved twice now! :o
    Like I was saying in a PM to Sarah, the board guide, maybe people like me should read more closely but I think it's confusing where these posts should go.
    I've just read this topic, and in the second post it says: "If a freebie requires a low spend ie a text, phone call, SAE, or p&p to be paid, please post it on our new sub-board The Freebies low spend board".

Maybe there's no requirement to text in this case, but I think it would be nice to see more clarity, and possibly slightly fewer different places for posting freebies.

Replied by pm Dave, hope it's a bit clearer now ;)
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • dave2319
    Thanks for the PM, Sarah.

I still think there's too many different places for posting freebies though. I was also looking at a thread for magazine offers, so if I'd posted there it might not have been right either!

For people like yourself and Katie, who are well accustomed to posting in this section, it's probably straightforward and it's a case of getting used to it with experience. That doesn't help much with your workload though, because for people who aren't used to posting in these sections I think it's not clear and straightforward enough, unless they spend quite a lot of time reading countless guides for different sub-sections and threads, which most people probably haven't time to do.
    I did read some of them and still got it wrong, so I think there's plenty that could be done to make these sections easier to use in terms of knowing where to post.
  • sarah1972
    Thanks for the PM, Sarah.

I still think there's too many different places for posting freebies though. I was also looking at a thread for magazine offers, so if I'd posted there it might not have been right either!

For people like yourself and Katie, who are well accustomed to posting in this section, it's probably straightforward and it's a case of getting used to it with experience. That doesn't help much with your workload though, because for people who aren't used to posting in these sections I think it's not clear and straightforward enough, unless they spend quite a lot of time reading countless guides for different sub-sections and threads, which most people probably haven't time to do.
    I did read some of them and still got it wrong, so I think there's plenty that could be done to make these sections easier to use in terms of knowing where to post.

There are not to many places to post freebies, just 2 boards.

I honestly don't think there is plenty that can be done to make it easier to post freebies.

If there is a charge, its a low spend freebie.
    If its 100% free then its a no spend freebie.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • dave2319
    When deciding where to post this I went to the main forum index page and looked at this Shopping & Freebies area, where there are 10 main boards, and I reckon 5 of them are plausible places for this offer: These 2 freebie boards, "Quick! Grabbit while you can", "Shop but don't drop" (doesn't sound likely but contains a thread for magazine offers), and "Discount Codes 'n Vouchers".
    Then within the freebie low spend board there's a thread for Try Me Free, which is where I initially posted.

I think that's too many possible places. Obviously nothing will be done about it, but at least if you nod and say you understand then I can go back to the sections I usually post in feeling a bit happier :D
  • sarah1972
    When deciding where to post this I went to the main forum index page and looked at this Shopping & Freebies area, where there are 10 main boards, and I reckon 5 of them are plausible places for this offer: These 2 freebie boards, "Quick! Grabbit while you can", "Shop but don't drop" (doesn't sound likely but contains a thread for magazine offers), and "Discount Codes 'n Vouchers".
    Then within the freebie low spend board there's a thread for Try Me Free, which is where I initially posted.

I think that's too many possible places. Obviously nothing will be done about it, but at least if you nod and say you understand then I can go back to the sections I usually post in feeling a bit happier :D

Yes it could be posted on the grabbit board or the no spend freebies.

I do understand what you mean that sometimes it can be confusing as to where is best suited for a thread. ;)

Anyway back to the topic of this thread.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure