Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Suzanne72
    • By Suzanne72 21st Apr 17, 12:08 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Suzanne72
    PPI on CAR HP
    • 21st Apr 17, 12:08 PM
    PPI on CAR HP 21st Apr 17 at 12:08 PM
    I had a HP agreement with VW Finance which ended in 2009 on which I paid PPI. The agreement shows this as optional but I do recall the salesman playing the "but what if you lose your job" card to persuade me it was important. Can I make a complaint considering the agreement shows it as optional?
Page 1
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 21st Apr 17, 12:35 PM
    • 88,125 Posts
    • 53,350 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 21st Apr 17, 12:35 PM
    • 21st Apr 17, 12:35 PM
    but I do recall the salesman playing the "but what if you lose your job" card to persuade me it was important.
    Which is a fair and valid approach for them to take and clearly indicates that you knew it was optional.

Can I make a complaint considering the agreement shows it as optional?
    You can complain about whatever you like. That includes the colour of the carpet or the brand of coffee they use. However, if you are referring to likelihood of success then you have several issues
    1 - it is post 2005 which means there will be a statement of demands and needs and a better audit trail
    2 - it is 2009 which is into the period that PPI mis-sales started and wre known about so firms were generally better at this time at how they documented sales
    3 - you knew it was optional and choose to buy it and you havent given any reason for complaint in your post.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from a Financial Adviser local to you.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,095Posts Today

8,559Users online

Martin's Twitter