Very.co.uk account closed with debt left too pay, do I have too pay?

Comments

• 174 BPM >> CC Balance (0%) -£3,565.99 - Target DFD Dec 2017 >> Loan (Car) (3.1%) -£19,803.74 - Target DFD Nov 2020
  • ashp_2
    ashp_2 Posts: 416 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I would just pay this. Very do not have the best customer service so will save you a lot of hassle when they stick a default on your report.
  • Marcio45
    Marcio45 Posts: 240 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Just because you cant access your account it doesnt mean you dont have to pay it. But if you decide to ignore everyone's advice go for it.
    Good luck when your credit rating is trashed. No decent credit cards or even mortgage for the next 6 years. Its your life, your choices!!!
    I find incredible your attitude to credit and sense of entitlement. I am sure this is a wind up.
  • GingerBob_3
    GingerBob_3 Posts: 3,659 Forumite
    Marcio45 wrote: »
    Just because you cant access your account it doesnt mean you dont have to pay it. But if you decide to ignore everyone's advice go for it.
    Good luck when your credit rating is trashed. No decent credit cards or even mortgage for the next 6 years. Its your life, your choices!!!
    I find incredible your attitude to credit and sense of entitlement. I am sure this is a wind up.

The OP asked a basic question, and a reasonable one at that. No need to go off on a rant. Good luck to anyone who can get one over Very. They are one of the worst offenders when it comes to trickery and malicious credit reporting.
  • GingerBob wrote: »
    The OP asked a basic question, and a reasonable one at that. No need to go off on a rant. Good luck to anyone who can get one over Very. They are one of the worst offenders when it comes to trickery and malicious credit reporting.

And its posts like this is the reason most on here think you spout rubbish.

The guy is trying to get out of paying a debt.. not because its wrong, just because he doesn't want to pay it.

If you think that is fine just because you have beef with the credit reference agencies then you're crazier than i originally thought.
  • GingerBob_3
    GingerBob_3 Posts: 3,659 Forumite
    And its posts like this is the reason most on here think you spout rubbish.

The guy is trying to get out of paying a debt.. not because its wrong, just because he doesn't want to pay it.

If you think that is fine just because you have beef with the credit reference agencies then you're crazier than i originally thought.

Two points:

1) Read the OP's post! After the preamble he simply asks "am I still liable?". A reasonable question in that he wants to know where he stands. Nowhere does he state he wants to get out of paying. It's only the finger-wagging majority here that have made that assumption and castigated him as a result. A simple answer could be given to his question.

2) There is no place in forums such as these for personal abuse. It's known as an ad hominem attack (look it up) and is a low form of interaction. I think it's not allowed on this forum. Your assertion that I'm crazy is just such an attack, so I'll kindly ask you to desist from this practice. By all means counter my arguments, as strongly as you like, but steer clear of getting personal.
  • I would imagine that the OP's reward for keeping schtum is more likely to result in interest accruing on the account and a nasty surprise at the end of it, rather than getting off scot free. That's not taking the moral high ground, it's realism.

Very have plenty of time to wise up and chase the debt and all the while it'd be accruing interest at 39.9% APR ...
    174 BPM >> CC Balance (0%) -£3,565.99 - Target DFD Dec 2017 >> Loan (Car) (3.1%) -£19,803.74 - Target DFD Nov 2020
  • Lauralou79
    Lauralou79 Posts: 268 Forumite
    You bought and received the goods on said agreement. You owe the money. If you don't end up paying when it's due it will end up affecting future credit. They will chase you for it even if there has been a glitch currently.
  • bengal-stripe
    bengal-stripe Posts: 3,349 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    SourD wrote: »
    How do I go about this, am I still liable too pay?

OP, you are liable for six years.

If the supplier has deleted your account, not only from on-line but from all of their records (highly unlikely) and they do not discover their mistake before the six years are up, you do not have to pay anymore. If they discover (be it in two weeks or five years eleven months) that there are outstanding debts and demand payment, you will have to pay.

Taking into account their heavy interest rate, it will be quite a big bill.
  • StopIt
    StopIt Posts: 1,470 Forumite
    GingerBob wrote: »
    Two points:

1) Read the OP's post! After the preamble he simply asks "am I still liable?". A reasonable question in that he wants to know where he stands. Nowhere does he state he wants to get out of paying. It's only the finger-wagging majority here that have made that assumption and castigated him as a result. A simple answer could be given to his question.

2) There is no place in forums such as these for personal abuse. It's known as an ad hominem attack (look it up) and is a low form of interaction. I think it's not allowed on this forum. Your assertion that I'm crazy is just such an attack, so I'll kindly ask you to desist from this practice. By all means counter my arguments, as strongly as you like, but steer clear of getting personal.

Or, you could read the OP's 2nd post, which basically said "But surely I don't have to pay if the account is gone" and then their follow up stating their desire not to pay.

As for your admissions that you give false information to retailers etc, and have no qualms with stiffing companies you don't like, you mist be aware that people WILL judge you based on your words. Nothing Ad hominem about calling you out for behaviour that is at best unacceptable to many.

In debt and looking for help? Look here for the MSE Debt Help Guide.
    Also, If you need any free and impartial debt advice, the National Debtline, Stepchange, and the CAB can help.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure