IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking on Double yellow lines Council wont act

1postie
1postie Posts: 46 Forumite
edited 16 February 2017 at 1:10PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
I live next door to what was once a pub but is now disused, there are double yellow lines outside with at anytime blips and a local private hire firm park on these yellow lines whilst awaiting radio work.
I have anywhere from 10 to 50 cars parking here in any day, not all at the same time but none the less 10 to 50. This area overlooks my kitchen, landing and bedroom windows and we feel we are being watched from which is quite clearly illegally parked vehicles.
I have complained to the council and followed their protocol of complaints and the reply is that they will not repaint the worn lines nor will they renew the nearly illegible no parking sign as the unused pub may be built on in the future, they inform me that they have passed it to NSL to make random visits and who inform the council that they have never seen any vehicles parked here. I have sent in 20 pictures all date and time stamped in one day to evidence this. I have also complained to the council ombudsman who informs me he is satisfied with my response from the council. The fact remains that everyday we feel our privacy is invaded by illegally parked motorists. Our privacy is constantly being invaded and we are at a loss can anyone please help?
Tis better to be thought a fool and remain silent
than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt

Comments

• You know what? I was going to give you really good effective advice......

.......but then I got to the last couple or so lines and decided not to.
  • 1postie
    You know what? I was going to give you really good effective advice......

I was just trying to point out that its not, but fair point Martin its worded more accurate now, any advice would be welcomed
  • nicechap
    nicechap Posts: 2,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    What does your local councillor say?
    Originally Posted by shortcrust
    "Contact the Ministry of Fairness....If sufficient evidence of unfairness is discovered you’ll get an apology, a permanent contract with backdated benefits, a ‘Let’s Make it Fair!’ tshirt and mug, and those guilty of unfairness will be sent on a Fairness Awareness course."
  • Johno100
    Johno100 Posts: 5,259 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    You know what? I was going to give you really good effective advice......

Learning point: You should have quoted the text in question, because now he's changed it and we can only guess what was written.
  • 1postie
    I haven't approached a councillor as I am unsure which direction to take it
  • Johno100 wrote: »
    Learning point: You should have quoted the text in question, because now he's changed it and we can only guess what was written.
    Actually the point has been learned (hopefully) so perhaps the OP will now get the help the want, rather than the help they possibly deserve.
  • Has anyone got any advise please in this matter?
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    1postie wrote: »
    Has anyone got any advise please in this matter?

yes, join pepipoo forums using a gmail address and post your query in their council section, as this forum majors on private parking issues , not council issues
  • nicechap
    nicechap Posts: 2,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    1postie wrote: »
    I haven't approached a councillor as I am unsure which direction to take it

If you don't know what you want, how can anyone offer to help?

Your local councillor is your representative for local council matters (such as parking) and will know how the local processes work to achieve results (assuming they agree with you).
    Originally Posted by shortcrust
    "Contact the Ministry of Fairness....If sufficient evidence of unfairness is discovered you’ll get an apology, a permanent contract with backdated benefits, a ‘Let’s Make it Fair!’ tshirt and mug, and those guilty of unfairness will be sent on a Fairness Awareness course."
  • Bigphil1474
    Bigphil1474 Posts: 2,407 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Speak to your local councillor - if they are sympathetic, the local parking enforcement officers will be down there regularly until you are satisfied, and the lines will be shiny yellow in no time. Whenever a councillor requests a council department to jump, the usual response is 'how high', and rarely 'no chance'. If you can't get your local councillor on your side, then you may just have to put up with it.
    Good time to speak to your councillor is in the run up to elections i.e. up to May - where I live we have 3 councillors in each council ward, and one is basically up for re-election each year. Find out which one is due for re-election and ask them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure