Las Vegas guide and MSE thread 2016

Comments

• gracie10
    gracie10 Posts: 549 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Wish I was!! Matt Goss is catching that flight back from Vegas to Gatwick, so you may be lucky enough to see him!!
  • rorylando45
    rorylando45 Posts: 451 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Norwegian launching direct Gatwick - Vegas from Halloween onwards. Currently direct returns available from as little as £300, 2 flights weekly (Monday and Thursday). Great deal if those dates suit you!
  • vegasvisitor
    vegasvisitor Posts: 2,295 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Well, that's my planning started for September trip. Got a $60 groupon for Dal Toro. Should be $35, but I got a $10 off code (for newbies...so I used another email address). So it was $25. I liked Dal Toro last time, hopefully it will be good.

It had 120 day expiry though, I'm still too far out for most deals which have 90 day expiry. Will need to wait till around 20th June before I can start on the others, including myvegas offers which might take me a while to get in stock.
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,362 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Norwegian launching direct Gatwick - Vegas from Halloween onwards. Currently direct returns available from as little as £300, 2 flights weekly (Monday and Thursday). Great deal if those dates suit you!

Thanks
    once you add on baggage, meal and seat reservation its an extra £100.

I wouldnt want to go to Vegas with just hand luggage
  • stoneman
    stoneman Posts: 4,520 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    photome wrote: »
    Thanks
    once you add on baggage, meal and seat reservation its an extra £100.

I wouldnt want to go to Vegas with just hand luggage

I wouldn't want to go with an airline that only has 2 flights a week in case of cancellations
    The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.
  • stoneman wrote: »
    I wouldn't want to go with an airline that only has 2 flights a week in case of cancellations

Can you give me a little explanation of this please. We often fly Thomas Cook, who fly 3 times a week, so in your opinion should this be of a concern for me?

I think I read a few pages back that a TC flight was cancelled, what would have been the outcome for whose passengers?
  • masterwilde
    masterwilde Posts: 270 Forumite
    expecting the dollar to rise against the pound unfortunately as i fly in 4 weeks. bought 2.5k worth today at 1.42 and will get the other in a couple of weeks, hopefully still at 1.40 or over. It no doubt will rise if we dont brexit, however that will be a slow climb
  • Can you give me a little explanation of this please. We often fly Thomas Cook, who fly 3 times a week, so in your opinion should this be of a concern for me?

I think I read a few pages back that a TC flight was cancelled, what would have been the outcome for whose passengers?

We fly with Virgin who only have two flights from Manchester. It's never crossed my mind to be honest - would be upset if the flight there was cancelled but if we ended up 'stuck' in Vegas for a few extra days I think we'd cope ;)
    "Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want now"

MFW: Mortgage Cleared!!! 14 1/2 years early :D
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,955 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Can you give me a little explanation of this please. We often fly Thomas Cook, who fly 3 times a week, so in your opinion should this be of a concern for me?

Most likely they would schedule another plane to go out. So you may get a delay but you would get there.

Doubt any airline has only one route between America and the UK, so most likely arrangement would be they would put you on another flight with a connection. Say the Manchester to Vegas was cancelled, they may fly you Manchester--> London--->Vegas. From Vegas they could get you to LA or SF and fly home from there. Alternatively they would transfer you to a competitor flight.

Remember also an EU airline and/or a flight departing the EU and you get entitled to EU regulation compensation and duty of care.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • Brats64
    Brats64 Posts: 465 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Don't normally post anything on here while we are in Vegas.

But just been to Ellis Island,and had the $7.99 steak special for dinner.
    All I can say is "ridiculous"....how they can do a salad/soup and a steak as thick as one the one just had by my wife,and myself,for just $7.99 is ridiculous.

I don't know if we just got lucky or what,but the soup was one of the nicest soups I've tasted in a long time,and the steaks were at least 2 inches thick,and tasted lovely.As I say,maybe we just lucked out,and caught it on a good day....we had a daily special on our last trip,and it was awful....but this was the best value for money we have ever had in Vegas.
    Can't believe the bill was less than the price of the 2 sandwiches we had at greenbergs deli in nyny the day before.....very nice Reuben sandwich there by the way.

Think we may have to change plans to make another visit to Ellis island and see if it was a one off,or whether it's always like that.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure