Eurostar 2 for 1 promotion

Options

Comments

• simonjstone_2
    Options
    hihtere are plent of passwords for it : ebbsfleet, continenatail ( spelling, just try thinking about it i booked mine a while back and was just typing in random eurostar realted words and it worked.
  • theloft
    theloft Posts: 1,703 Forumite
    Options
    My wife & I are looking for a deal on Eurostar for nextr Spring so will be keeping in touch with this thread. Great stuff, thanks all!.
    "0844 COSTS YOU MORE"
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I have just received a newsletter from East Midlands Trains and they are promising through tickets from such cities as Nottingham and Derby to Paris and Brussels "from £77" return. This is supposed to be starting in the near future.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • pjttlk
    pjttlk Posts: 26 Forumite
    Options
    trisontana wrote: »
    through tickets from such cities as Nottingham and Derby to Paris and Brussels "from £77" return.

Just out of curiosity I tried a google 'search this site' on 'Promotion' and 'offres' (as in French). The Paris London Fare is currently on offer from 77 EUROS return (!) How come Brits always pay over the odds to cross the channel?
    http://www.eurostar.com/FR/fr/leisure/latest_deals/NastyPrice.jsp
    May be of use to regular travellers
    "You must be really proud of your kids?"
    Yes - but it costs me a lot for them to make me proud!
  • mulerider
    Options
    trisontana wrote: »
    I have just received a newsletter from East Midlands Trains and they are promising through tickets from such cities as Nottingham and Derby to Paris and Brussels "from £77" return. This is supposed to be starting in the near future.

The new inclusive tickets will be available soon. I'm a train manager for EMT and can travel from Sheffield to any eurostar destination for less than £50 return (that's for my wife too). A good perk of my job now St Pancras is international.
  • Stephenbw
    Options
    grownup1 wrote: »
    I think there will be an advantage to some people in booking a through ticket from a local station because you will then not be penalised for missing your booked Eurostar departure as a result of a delayed connection (hasn't it happened to us all....). This is the GNER statement on the policy and I have heard of it applying to other companies offering through tickets.

I don't know how good value the through tickets tend to be though.

There are some examples of prices and journey times from regional stations here.
    http://ukirelandtravel.suite101.com/article.cfm/cheap_rail_tickets_direct_to_paris
  • confused1
    Options
    I agree completely. With the Ashford line now being reduced to almost non existent, we find travelling on Eurostar more inconvenient than ever before. Sad, but won't be doing it from now.

Yes that's a great price. However, for the half million or so people living in East Kent who have had their direct Ashford to Brussels service deleted from the timetable and repaced with only one indirect service per day via Lille (which Eurostar's website refuses to sell tickets for and yes I've informed Eurostar that this indirect service will not show on their online booking system), the alternative FREE train journey to Gravesend, then FREE shuttle bus to Ebbsfleet means a total journey time now from Ashford to Brussels via Ebbsfleet now takes around 4 hours, instead of the previous 2 hours before the new timtetable. So much for the new quicker high speed service, it has now become a nightmare journey for those people who previously travelled from Ashford to Brussels.
  • Victors_Bruvver
    Options
    grownup1 wrote: »
    I think there will be an advantage to some people in booking a through ticket from a local station because you will then not be penalised for missing your booked Eurostar departure as a result of a delayed connection (hasn't it happened to us all....). This is the GNER statement on the policy and I have heard of it applying to other companies offering through tickets.

I don't know how good value the through tickets tend to be though.
    Very sad that it has taken GNER, and possibly loads of other TOCs, to wait for the opening of St Pancras as they have never, to my knowledge, actively promoted the fact that you could have bought a 'London International CIV' ticket and receive exactly the same protection on your journey to connect with Eurostar and vice versa. All those hundreds, and possibly thousands, of travellers in the past who have never had the opportunity to buy these tickets and missed out because they were not informed of their existence - shame on you GNER.
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Of course GNER will be no more after December 8th. I hope that the new Franchise (National Express East Coast) will be offering through-tickets ASAP.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • igman3
    Options
    GNER very good for booking direct from north to Paris. You can only do it by phone at the moment. (Get geographical number from Saynoto0870). This morning I booked 4 returns from Leeds to Paris from 9-14 Feb for £80 each. There is certainly no problem whatsoever with the change of franchise. I was told that there is no problem as National Express owns 40% of Eurostar!

Iggyman
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport