TV Licensing.

Comments

• marliepanda
    marliepanda Posts: 7,186 Forumite
    You are being ridiculously awkward.

The manager won't take your calls because he is sick of you.

You might only want to deal with him, but he has no intention of dealing with you, and I am not surprised.

Show me one case of the TV Licensing 'emptying someones bank account' using the direct debit.

Why not just pay in full each year?
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    I have heard that they have emptied peoples bank accounts in the past via this method.

@theonlywayisup... I understand what you are saying here, I have a tendency to lose receipts all the time, if i lost a TVL payment one, how would I prove I paid it if they mess up and say I have not paid? This is the reason I do it on my debit card with a manager so my bank will hold the record for me. It cant go missing then, not for at least 6 years anyway.

Well, if you want your bank to have a record, why not pay it yourself online? That way you are in control and the record is on your bank account.

https://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/pay-for-your-tv-licence/payment-methods/tv-licensing-payment-card-pay7
  • Jamiesmum wrote: »
    This made me laugh! The cheek. :eek:

Do you honestly not see how unnecessary you are being?

I don't really believe this is a serious thread to be honest.

You better believe it, because this is a serious thread.

It seems to me that I have become the joke of this board and I believe that this is both malicious and vexatious. If you have nothing useful to say, keep quiet!
  • What do you want here?
  • To be treated fairly, and not like mud on your shoe.

I am making what I strongly believe to be correct based on experience, and everyone is essentially calling me "stupid"! I don't think this is fair!
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    To be treated fairly, and not like mud on your shoe.

I am making what I strongly believe to be correct based on experience, and everyone is essentially calling me "stupid"! I don't think this is fair!

You are overreacting, which is perhaps why the manager doesn't wish to deal with you anymore.

If you read the responses again, most are very helpful.
  • k3lvc
    k3lvc Posts: 4,174 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    It seems to me that I have become the joke of this board and I believe that this is both malicious and vexatious.

No shortage of awareness there but maybe I'd change 'malicious and vexatious' to 'common sense'
    What do you want here?

Apparently to beat the system :wink:
  • cono1717
    cono1717 Posts: 762 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    If you don't agree with the TV licence then make a stand and watch Netflix or Amazon Prime, watch other programs on catchup and just don't watch any BBC Programmes. Hardly a criminal enterprise.

Or are you one of those "They are a private company and I didn't enter into contract with them..." type of people?
  • No cono1717, I have been paying my licence since 2004 actually. Same method I have described above.
  • cono1717
    cono1717 Posts: 762 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    So then why are they criminals; you don't have to pay it?

The bottom line of it is that you are in no way legally entitled to speak to a manager - the TV licence service doesn't need to accommodate you in any way shape or form and there is no legal basis for which they must.

Unfortunately as blunt as it may sound that is that. If you want it changing literally the only recourse is to lobby your local MP
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure