NST March: Marching to a different beat

Options

Comments

• Nicky_Noo_Na
    Options
    Up to 8 NSD now, doing quite well I think!

Sunday was nice - DD and other children helped make some posies at church for mother's day. Given out in the service (two are currently looking lovely on my sideboard) and several leftover sent to the local nursing home. Popped to a local free community farm on the way home. DD had fun but should have brought her wellies! NSD day but only because I forgot to give a donation in at church and the farm. Will have to give extra next time!

Today my brother and his girlfriend have been round for lunch. Made simple sandwiches and snacks from stores so no extra money spent.

No plans to spend tomorrow either but won't declare it yet. Another day off with DD tomorrow and currently no plans so may be a library if wet/park if dry kind of day. Nice to chill out on a Tuesday really before the madness of work Wed-Fri.
  • x_raphael_xx
    x_raphael_xx Posts: 4,319 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    dolly84 wrote: »
    DS did wish me a happy mother's day but DD didn't.
    I always get my step-dad a Fathers day card, as I was 11 when him & mum get together, so he's been in my life for a while. My dad re-married just a couple of years ago, and I always forget to send my step-mom a card, as it just doesn't occur to me. She's not really been there to 'mother' me.
    Last year she put a message up on facebook, thanking my brother for getting her a card. It came across to me as a dig at me for not sending one. Sent her one this year, got a thank you text, from my Dad on her behalf "M sends her thanks, it was appreciated". Not enough to message me directly herself it would seem.
    Maybe I'm just reading too much into it. :o

Last day of holiday today, enjoying my last 25 minutes of being paid to sit around (I like to think to myself during the day 'I'm getting paid right now' :p)
    Took Duncan to the vets this morning, just for flea and wormer top-ups. I'm in the vets pet club, £12.50 a month, all worming, flea treatment and shots included, nothing to pay today. It's really worth it, more than covers the cost of everything.
    Then we came home for more sofa snugs & a film. Jiggled some money pots around and paid my mum a lump. Only £2000 to pay back now, halfway there.

• · For the striders: [STRIKE]18[/STRIKE] 25 NSDs 11/25 No spend today.
    • · Set your budgets before the challenge starts. All good.
    • · [STRIKE]Be generous. There are many who are far worse off. Do not forget to give to your choice of charity. Donation donated. :)[/STRIKE]
    • · As ever, always take your lunch to work, and drink and snacks when out and about Leftover paella. Yummy :D
    • · [FONT="]Pay towards your debt first! [FONT=&quot]Extra lump paid to mum.[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]
      [/FONT]
    • · Plan. Look ahead to the month and what your commitments are. *Free theatre trip *Coffee date with a couple of friends *10k race *Maybe a trip to Bristol Zoo.
    Debt Free as of 17/01/2009 Turtle Power!!

EF Challenger #3 £138.36 / £5000
    MFW 2024 #100 £00.00 / £10,000

MFiT #40 Jan 2025 Target - £99,999.00
    Mortgage at 30/09/22 £113,694.11 | Mortgage at 24/01/23 £110,707.87
    Mortgage at 21/04/23 £107,701.01 | Mortgage at 20/07/23 £106,979.65
    Mortgage at 04/10/23 £106,253.77 | Mortgage at 10/01/24 £105,324.57
  • indigowarrior
    Options
    Today was an NSD.
    Got an update on PIP claim and have been award enhanced PIP Daily living and Standard mobility. Feeling very thankful.
    No Spend November 2/15 and SPC 134
  • LavenderBee
    LavenderBee Posts: 350 Forumite
    Options
    Oh dear, NSDs actually 6/18 - ended up spending today. New budgets:

Groceries - 63.41/200
    Diesel - 120/120
    Personal spends - 43.90/110
    NSDs - 6/18

My PGP is so bad I cannot walk anymore without falling over (not to mention the pain and unsexy limp), I have ordered myself a pelvic support belt from Amazon to be delivered tomorrow. I was trying to use my Boots points to buy one but there is a technical difficulty with the website; I can't wait any longer though so I had to pay a premium. Damn :(
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,708 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Today was an NSD.
    Got an update on PIP claim and have been award enhanced PIP Daily living and Standard mobility. Feeling very thankful.

That is such good news. Must be a great relief.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Kerry_Woman
    Kerry_Woman Posts: 3,133 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 12 March 2018 at 9:07PM
    Options
    NSD achieved 8/18.
    Fmess , apple muncher Thanks for the comments about the 5k.
    Grateful for:
    Doing a few bits around the flat.
    Taking my own lunch into work.
    Having time to read my book.
    Making my lunch for tomorrow.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
  • lauradora
    lauradora Posts: 1,371 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello everyone. Failed on the check ins over the weekend. Still feeling absolutley rubbish.

Have updated all my spreadsheets though and am still on NSD 4/15 but looking to claw some back this week??
    On a mission
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,876 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    NSD 8 yesterday.

2 school made cards from DS3 and DS4, DS3 also had bought me a packet of biscuits (???) so we shared them on the sofa.

Had to buy more flour and a few lunchbox bits today, so not a NSD, but I should be able to rack up a good few this week.

Tonight was parents' evening for DS3 and 4 so that is that over for a bit. All doing well, and no concerns. That is a graitude!

It has been cold and wet and horrid all day. So the house is 90% clean, tidy and hoovered. Will attack the other 10% tomorrow, but a lot of that is the difficult stuff.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,880 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Sorry I haven't posted for quite a while - had a horrible cold, work is just urgh and I'm really struggling with energy levels which I'm guessing is a result of introducing gluten back into my diet :( however will try and post more regularly.

Now up to 6/18 NSDs :D, today has been one. Budgets are mostly under control although I've spent a little more on food already than I had hoped.
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10552.61/£15000 (70.4% saved). Emergency fund - £1428.98/£1500 (95.3% saved).
  • Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    That is good news indigowarrior

Today was SFD number 6. Took two dogs to the vets for vaccinations but counting it as medical as I dont have kids :rotfl: Ive just joined their pet club raphael for my eldest dog as hes about to have his second dental operation in a year and it gives me discount if Im in the club. Also they can give you the flea/worm treatment to take home so Im splitting it between the three dogs so theyll all get 4 treatments a year. It does mean another direct debit but the discounts outweigh the costs. I couldn!!!8217;t afford it for all of them though :(
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure