PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

The NEW waiting to exchange thread...

Comments

• JaneyLouWho
    JaneyLouWho Posts: 155 Forumite
    edited 24 January 2018 at 12:48PM
    Mutley, I think texting your vendor is a good idea - a nice polite nudge never harmed anyone! I did the same thing yesterday, turns out his solicitor hadn’t passed on the enquiries that my solicitor was waiting for, so the whole thing was at a bit of a standstill. I’m hoping things get resolved early next week and it could have dragged on ages if I’d avoided contacting the vendor directly,
  • Another thought I have just had....
    Is there a thread for after completion where we can all talk about our new homes??

I dont think im ready to move on yet :)
    If not...can we make one? lol

If you start one let us know :)
  • If you start one let us know :)

I will :) I'll make it now xxxx
  • If you start one let us know :)

Here it is hun...

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5774824
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,607
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    Ha, excellent work setting up a post completion thread :j might be a while til I join you, I've got quite comfotable in this one having been here for over 5 months :rotfl: :rotfl:
  • mutley74
    mutley74 Posts: 4,020
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Mutely, I think texting your vendor is a good idea - a nice polite nudge never harmed anyone! I did the same thing yesterday, turns out his solicitor hadn’t passed on the enquiries that my solicitor was waiting for, so the whole thing was at a bit of a standstill. I’m hoping things get resolved early next week and it could have dragged on ages if I’d avoided contacting the vendor directly,

I'm debating the idea to text him. Thing is last year he was okay replying to texts, but had a good whine about things when I met him. I don't want to cloud the situation and affect the legal side, but so far it looks like it will be delayed if his sol is not doing anything about the covenant restriction (which they raised in November themselves!!).

• Really hope i'm there soon !!!

Quick question we have been asked to provide buildings insurance details for the period in-between exchange and completion ..they need this information with all the signed paperwork but how on earth am i know when to start the policy ?!..given im still waiting for the indemnity policy from our sols i loath to arrange anything but dont want to cause any further delay ..what would you do ?
  • Really hope i'm there soon !!!

Quick question we have been asked to provide buildings insurance details for the period in-between exchange and completion ..they need this information with all the signed paperwork but how on earth am i know when to start the policy ?!..given im still waiting for the indemnity policy from our sols i loath to arrange anything but dont want to cause any further delay ..what would you do ?

Hi hun, it has to be in place for exchange, if you have all your documents ready to send back then I would make it from the date before you send all the paperwork back with an email print out confirming your policy otherwise it will delay exchange.
    We dont exchange till tomorrow but started out policy last week xxx
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,607
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    Who's asked you for buildings insurance - your solicitor? If so, ask them when they expect exchange to be, given that you don't have the indemnity yet. Might be worth ringing insurer now though - although these days I'd imagine cover could be instant and done online so no need to actually sign anything?

But I'm just guessing! I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will be along...

Fingers crossed for some progress for some of us this week...

I need to properly investigate removals. Got a guy we know to quote by text but I am absolutely NOT convinced all our stuff will fit in his van :eek: Mr Cheery would rather use him than a proper removals firm and we've been squabnling about it for months. Need to actually get some folk round to recommend van sizes and convince him we CAN'T do it in two goes! :eek: :eek:
  • mutley74
    mutley74 Posts: 4,020
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    made contact with the vendor. He had been told by his sol that everything was ready to go and date had been agreed!!! Not what my sol has told me and still an outstanding admin issue, thus he is going back to chase matters. Don't trust any sols!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback