Good and Bad Buys from Aldi & Lidl *Do NOT Expire Please*

Comments

• VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Has anyone tried this, and would you recommend it? Apparently Aldi will be selling jeroboams of the stuff at Christmas. (I don't think it's the Cremant de Jura that maman has recommended in the past).

6825651.jpg?type=article-full
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Bought a bag of the XXL Paprika Cruspies ( think they were 99p ). They are absolutely gorgeous and I have eaten half the pack in one g o :o

Will be stocking up on these.
    You're only young once, but you can be immature forever :D
  • CAZBEAR
    CAZBEAR Posts: 554 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic I've been Money Tipped!
    just tried Lidl oven chips, 63p a bag and just as good , if not better than other supermarket brands.
    Best headline ever on local paper??
    "Weight loss group doubles in size"
  • VfM4meplse
    Has anyone seen pesto - green or red (which I know isn't technically pesto) - at Lidl lately? Its been OOS at every branch I've visited.

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Miró
    Miró Posts: 6,906 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    Has anyone seen pesto - green or red (which I know isn't technically pesto) - at Lidl lately? Its been OOS at every branch I've visited.

Has disappeared from my Lidl too lately....also missing at the moment are the boxes of oatcakes. Fortunately Aldi still have both in stock :)

One of my favourite snacks is a couple of oatcakes with sliced piccolo tomatoes and a big dollop of green pesto on top!
  • PLRFD
    PLRFD Posts: 1,125 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Yes both in my local one at the mo.
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Just had the ALDI oven chips in green packet.They were really thin and soggy , wouldn't buy them again :(
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • Cornucopia
    Cornucopia Posts: 16,154 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic

My Lidl has Filippo Berio pesto as a special buy. I never liked the look of Lidl's normal pesto, so never bought it.
  • VfM4meplse
    I made enquiries and it seems it is temporarily discontinued. I've never know it to be shoved aside for Christmas before. Esp in September :(

On the positive, the Lidl version of chocolate hobnobs is just the ticket with a mug of tea as the nights draw in...

• Scritti
    Scritti Posts: 335 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Yes, the Lidl Chocolate Oaties (HobNobs) are absolutely lush. I honestly can't tell the difference between them and the McVities ones. And about half the price. Yum!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure