PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Land Registry questions

Comments

• joop
    joop Posts: 144 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    We are in the process of applying for planning permission on my land.

My property is split in two ‘Titles’ one for the garden and one for the property. On downloading the Land Registration papers, the following charges have been brought to my attention. I downloaded these copies in March 2015.

(We have applied for planning before – the previous application went in in 2008 through a Housing Association Company.)

1 Freehold Land (Garden)

Charges Register

(19.02.2003) REGISTERED CHARGE dated 23 January 2003 affecting also title ….. to secure the moneys including the further advances therein mentioned.

(08.06.2003) Proprietor (Santander) of Mortgage Co Services Leicester.

(09.03.2007) UNILATERAL NOTICE affecting also other land in respect of an Agreement dated 2 March 2007 made between 1. (name - architect?) and others and (2) Housing Association Company who was applying for Planning Permission.

(09.03.07) BENEFICIARY: Housing Association Company.

2 Freehold Land (inc House)

Charges register

(12.04.05) REGISTERED CHARGE dated 4 March 2005

(19.12.2007) Proprietor Bank of Scotland plc

My question is, for the charges on the garden title, should any steps be taken to amend the Unilateral Notice and Beneficiary points. These people and the Housing Association Company are nothing to do with the current planning application.

Thank you for any advice available.
  • Land_Registry
    Land_Registry Posts: 5,776 Organisation Representative
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    joop the Unilateral notice (UN) relates to the 2007 Agreement so is a separate interest. The planning process is not directly linked to the registration process so I can't see why the new application would directly affect the UN

A more pertinent question would be is the 2007 Agreement now defunct in some way and the UN should be removed?
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • jamesd
    jamesd Posts: 26,103 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 25 August 2017 at 4:31PM
    The property I'm referring to in my next post is:
    details removed

Please don't quote this post because it's here to make an easy to remove post that I also intend to edit to remove the details as soon as the Land Registry rep has them.
  • jamesd
    jamesd Posts: 26,103 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 24 August 2017 at 6:11PM
    The key from our perspective is if the order has been protected and how. Have you checked?
    Our PG 19 explains how such interests can often be protected. Section 6.9 explains a possible scenario re freezing orders for example

If protected as a restriction then understanding its wording will help understand how a buyer will look at it and therefore how it will affect a possible sale/purchase
    The property is the one in my previous to be edited post. Sites that normally report sold prices from the Land Registry are saying that it was sold for £1,250,000 on 9 June 2017. The enquiry about charge removal happened in the week before 13 July 2017 and the standard form BB restriction would have been placed after that, if it was still possible to place it.

The reported sale price seems strange. Back on 26 November Zoopla was reporting an estimated value of £2,488,000. I suspect that there might be some hidden additional exchange of value with a substantially under-value sale reported to the Land Registry. While I don't have many details, apparently the individual had significant debts and maybe the transfer was to either a wife (who apparently lived or lives there) to try to shield the asset from debt collection or to an unregulated creditor making a "sell to me or else" proposal backed up by unlawful threats. Or just unlawful money exchanged behind the scenes.

While the court order isn't really something for the Land Registry, the sale value vs what Zoopla was apparently suggesting seems potentially to merit some checks by the Land Registry about whether the value reported was really the true full value exchanged. I could perhaps share a little more background information but if there does appear to potentially be a matter of interest to the Land Registry, perhaps it might be better for me to do that via another channel?
  • Could the Land Registry please advise me of current wait times. We are waiting for a new title deed number to be assigned following a lease extension. The paperwork was posted to the Land Registry today and we need the ref number in order to exchange contracts. Is it too optimistic to hope to receive this by Tuesday in order to exchange Contracts? Many thanks in advance for any help
  • Land_Registry
    Becks373 wrote: »
    Could the Land Registry please advise me of current wait times. We are waiting for a new title deed number to be assigned following a lease extension. The paperwork was posted to the Land Registry today and we need the ref number in order to exchange contracts. Is it too optimistic to hope to receive this by Tuesday in order to exchange Contracts? Many thanks in advance for any help

There's a backlog of this type of work so I'm afraid there's no chance of getting it done by Tuesday.

If you just need the application lodged and the new title ref allocated then the solicitor will have that already.

Not all conveyancers will proceed though without the lease extension being registered, namely completed by us, especially if there's a mortgage involved.

If they won't then the leases extension solicitor should contact us woth details of the confirmed sale and a request to expedite. If we accept then it should be considered within 10 working days of expedition.
    The average timescale without expedition is currently 57 working days
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • I am executor and sole beneficiary of a flat worth £125k. I tried selling it but no offers. Do I need to transfer the title to rent the flat out? Do I need a solicitor for the transfer?
  • G_M
    G_M Posts: 51,977 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Yes, and maybe. Is tthere a mortgage on the property?
  • Land_Registry
    I am executor and sole beneficiary of a flat worth £125k. I tried selling it but no offers. Do I need to transfer the title to rent the flat out? Do I need a solicitor for the transfer?

Yes re first point using forms AS1 and AP1 to transfer the registered title as executor to yiurself as beneficiary

Whilst you don't have to use a solicitor we often recommend you do as they are familiar with forms/process and can advise on any wider issues. And deal with the lease/rental agreement of course
  • Land_Registry
    jamesd wrote: »
    I could perhaps share a little more background information but if there does appear to potentially be a matter of interest to the Land Registry, perhaps it might be better for me to do that via another channel?

Not missing you out - just checking details first
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback