Apple muncher's number crunching

Options

Comments

• apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,708 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Had a notional amount in my head for the full food shop of £50. It came in at £49.97! Plenty of keto-style ingredients, a la Lilty.

Lunch will be avocado, tuna, onion, lemon juice. Dinner will be roast chicken and salady veg mix with sour cream.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    I have had a haircut - a momentous occasion that left almost as much hair on the floor as is left on my head. And cost a mere £25... Wonder how much weight it ahs taken off me...?
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    My head is doing the fuzzy-feed-me-carbs-NOW thing. Ha. No. Lilty says to do it for a week. So am drinking copiously. And then a bit more...

Had to make more fat bombs. Dh came home and promptly set about re-arranging the fridge. And managed to spill them. Twice. Oops!

Have input tomorrow's lunch into the fitbit food log thingy. Cor, keeping under 20g carbs must be extremely hard! Lunch alone has 11g. Will have to find alternative(s) for avocado as a whole one at lunch has overdone it and I can't face another one! (I bought 8...!!!!!)

Can't wait to try the keto ice cream: 1/2 cup coconut milk, 1/2 cup sour cream, 1 heaped tblsp cocoa (will omit the stevia and cinnamon probably). Mix and chill. And eat!

In financial things, I paid in £68 of coins so that has been allocated to the mortgage and added to the stretch fund. Won't have another stash like that for quite a while!

Dd has a friend over and her mum is due 'after work', so anytime between now and 7ish. The chicken is roasted and I am salivating, despite not actually being hungry, but we have to wait until the friend is gone....
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Fuzzy head day #2. Must have had 5 litres of water...! Lunch wasnot brill as I decided last night (after I'd made it) that the spinach was not going to be eaten and put it on the compost. However, there was already a layer sandwiched between the tuna and onion, and the carrot, cabbage and sour cream. So by thetimeI had removed it, much lunch was lost!

And I confess to having about 10 midget gems. And they didn't stop the fuzzy head, so a waste of time.

Jiggle free #9 done, and the workout just once through as a flexibility thing, bodyweight. Just over 10k steps.

Work is finished until 1st Sept. Phew. There is a staff lunch tomorrow (interesting to see how keto I can be) so I'll be going on the bike - but with my oyster in my pocket, after the last outing's fiasco...

A week more then dd finishes and the challenge to not spend starts in earnest!
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Ooph!

Went to cycle to work. Chain was off so put it back on and cleaned myself up. Noticed front tyre was a little flat so pumped it up. Took the bike out front, all togged up ready to go. and noticed the tyre was a little flat again. So, not a useful bike. Returned it inside and set off on foot. 5 mins later, realised I hadn't brought my purse, so went back to get it. And left again. Then 2 mins later, realised I had no water (not necessarily an issue, but the journey has been known to take 2 hours if the buses all play silly games!) so went back to get that. And then set off again. Buses were fine and I got a good walk in.

Lunch was scrummy! Had a load of poached salmon, some ham, some butter and some coleslaw. I may just have been a tad greedy... but the scales were most definitely my friend this morning, which may perhaps have influenced my choices...

Having scoffed that plateful, I had to leave, in order to allow enough time for the 2/3/4 buses needed to get back in time for dd. She is going to the after-school disco but wanted me there for some of it. And this morning I forgot to give her any money to spend so must go armed... (coined???!) The return journey was a good one and thus I am here, with the tennis on, a cold glass of water and mse. Luxury!
  • Alchemilla
    Alchemilla Posts: 6,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Sounds a good day.
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    It was, Al. Alternating between very active and opportunities to watch tennis/Tour stuff.

Now I just need dd to fall asleep! We've a fairly early start tomorrow and the main thing is for me to take enough food and drink for the day. Having maintained a NSD today, I won't necessarily enforce one tomorrow if there is a need. But I hope to cover all eventualities: coffee in a vacuum mug thingy, lots to eat WITH ICE PACK and cutlery, plenty to drink, big scarf to sit on or use as a towel. There's a mixture of children going , and souvenir shop visits will be discouraged.

And dh has the fun of a hospital visit where they'll put lots of drops in his eyes and he'll be lucky to find his way home!!

Day #3 of the keto malarkey complete and the fuzzy head has gone. Still drinking copiously (must curb that for tomorrow!) and according to the food I've put into the fitbit food log, I'm over on total calories for today. Bothered? Not a jot. I confess to having 1 mega strawberry, 3 raspberries and prob a couple of dozen blackcurrants!
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Another NSD grabbed! Smug face is on.

We all had a good day at Drusilla's, tho dd wasn't keen on having to do things as a group...! May take her one day in the summer so she can spend the whole day going up and down the He11o Kitty uppy-downy thingy!

Dh has cooked dinner so it befalls me to serve it up.
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    I have just paid over some money so that the mortgage now falls in the 49s. I won't tell dh - will wait smugly and see if he notices!

It is 8.30 and dd is still asleep. She must need it! A drizzly day means we probably won't go to the playground, and we may also skip church (not due to drizzle, may I add!) .
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    A mega workout done. Ooph. Took me around 32 mins, which is loooooooong for me. Also included 2x jiggle free as I'd not done it yesterday - must keep to it daily as it is getting tougher!

Lazytown watched, Dora and friends on now, and to top it off? Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Eclectic tastes.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback