Debt Relief Orders (DRO) - Information & help thread

Comments

• scarlet55 wrote: »
    u'll get ther broken spirit dont give up...im sure if u take proof of your hospital visits ie appointment card you will be able to bump up your fares ...i cant b'lieve you put that 16 stone lad of yours down as a child lol...i think it would b a good idea to speak to one of the councilers either at the CAB or CCCS ,im certain that they will be able to help you even iff its only lowering your DMP, BUT YOU MUST TELL THEM, dont just sit worrying by yourself, you will make yourself even more ill.;);)

Thanks ever so much. I'm too ashamed to go back to CCCS & our local CAB is on restricted service (wonder why? Hmmmm!) I can provide all proof of expenditure for the last mth & bank statements will help with the rest. If I reduce my food bill to £300.00 I think some will still think it's too high, but like you it covers all household goods too. I don't see it been excessive at £34.615 per person a week. I'm sure others will spend less, but I really will struggle to feed my son on that. I think I'll have to go without as per! Thanks again x
    I am a Leo...& as such I will defend my "pride" ferociously....you have been warned!
  • scarlet55
    scarlet55 Posts: 21,780 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    i think the food bill may be fine now, you also have animals to feed...there are some phone numbers on this site that you can phone for advice, not sure what they are..i bet orville knows them..he will probably be along soon to help out...i hope every-thing goes ok for you broken spirit...keep us updated so we know how you are getting on...:j:jxx
  • scarlet55 wrote: »
    i think the food bill may be fine now, you also have animals to feed...there are some phone numbers on this site that you can phone for advice, not sure what they are..i bet orville knows them..he will probably be along soon to help out...i hope every-thing goes ok for you broken spirit...keep us updated so we know how you are getting on...:j:jxx

Will do. Thanks again, you've really helped me by given me some constructive advice. I'll keep popping in when I need a boot up the **** :shocked: lol. Or a :grouphug:
    I am a Leo...& as such I will defend my "pride" ferociously....you have been warned!
  • sarbaz2007
    sarbaz2007 Posts: 57 Forumite
    Hi, first of i like to thank you all for the very informative post.

I have dilemma, i have a car registered in my name which is worth about £4000 but my dad paid all the finances and was all in his name and he was orignally the registered keeper.

So am i eligible for a DRO and do i need to declare it as mine on the DRO.

Can you advise how i go about this, and if needed will i make things worse if i put it back in my dads name?
  • scarlet55
    Rampant Recycler
    im not 100% sure about this as im quite new to this site like you but from all the posts iv read (and currently waiting to put my dro application in ) i would say that you would be making things worse by transfering the car into ur dads name as the OR might look at this as trying to dispose of assets before embarking on a dro...i may be wrong and im sure some-one will be along soon to give you more advice.
  • fatbelly wrote: »
    You need to check. The letter from DWP should explain. It sounds like you might be losing a premium. Is your DLA award OK?

I'm sure that you will be OK re the £50 surplus rule. As you mentioned earlier, DLA should be shown as an 'in' and an 'out' on the DRO application. Your supplements would be covered by that.

All the arrears must be included in the application. That shouldn't be a problem.

Your AI will sort out the fine detail. Are you using CCCS?

:hello: Fatbelly,

I have a current DMP with the CCCS but I've had to suspend the payments as they are just not realistic. I'm thinking of speaking to the NDL as I've been so stupid when dealing with the CCCS, as in not declaring debts, under estimating my expenditure a mth etc & tbh I'm to ashamed to admit what a bloody fool I am. I know I desperately need to bite the bullet & start to sort my debts out using the correct option for my circumstances. I've signed up for the free 30 day credit file search today & although I'm no expert, I'm pretty sure it makes for grim reading! My credit score is 350 & I seem to have alot of defaults, which I can't understand as I've been making my DMP payments (all be it crippling) on time until this month. I'm going to try & work out my SOA again but I can only put down what I spend a month or I don't see the point in doing it. I've kept a months worth of receipts re groceries, taxis, bus + my utilities are all there in b&w on my bank statement. I don't have a lavish lifestyle I certainly don't live beyond my means, so I'm finding it hard to cut in areas which others have already pointed out to me. I've tried all the obvious re the LL & mob, but as I stated earlier I can't reduce them for over a yr due to having 24mth contracts, then I'm in catch 22, they tell me to buy out of the contracts which is impossible! I'm making myself ill, I can't think of anything else, I can't concentrate & I can't sleep so it seems to be becoming a viscious circle. I'm willing to accept any advice you can offer me as it seems to be very quiet on here.
    Best wishes to you.
  • scarlet55
    Rampant Recycler
    hi broken spirit...u need to listen to what fatbelly has said as he's an expert....i didnt realize that your dla didnt have to be included in your expenditure...if thats the case then you should be fine with a dro....get everything together...bank statement, credit file ect and go back to the cccs and tell them everything....they wont bat an eyelid believe me, they will have heard worse stories than yours....do it tomorrow...and you will sleep better i can assure you.........i wont b around much today as im going to my daughters for lunch so hope this helps....happy mothers day xx :):)
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • mboro
    mboro Posts: 294 Forumite
    Here is a question.....If I decide that a DRO is the right solution for me and then a year or 2 down the line I get married, will the DRO affect my husband's credit file, joint mortgage that we may want to get or any bussiness he wants to start up?
  • sarbaz2007
    sarbaz2007 Posts: 57 Forumite
    sarbaz2007 wrote: »
    Hi, first of i like to thank you all for the very informative post.

I have dilemma, i have a car registered in my name which is worth about £4000 but my dad paid all the finances and was all in his name and he was orignally the registered keeper.

So am i eligible for a DRO and do i need to declare it as mine on the DRO.

Can you advise how i go about this, and if needed will i make things worse if i put it back in my dads name?

Any ideas on this?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure