Dreams bed Superstore??? Complaints?

Comments

• I spent £3700 on adjustable bed , at the time in the showroom I asked the guy is it memory foam he said no so with that purchased the bed .
    On delivery was shocked it was memory foam to me it's a cheap way for a mattress and sweats you like hell although very expensive to buy very uncomfortable, so went back to use the comfort return couldn't get a mattress equivalent to the price off the tempura mattress but at the same time couldn't sleep in the memory foam one , so bought a cheaper spring mattress losing £500 on the deal
    Now the guy in the shop says the mattresses get thrown out that's lies reading their reviews they won't take them back unless you use a protection sheet now I questioned that and again was told they disregard them on asking the driver I was told if a stain was on the mattress they are told to leave them so they are re-selling your old mattress after pocketing extra cash from you !!!
  • The-Truth
    The-Truth Posts: 483 Forumite
    gevans35 wrote: »
    LBA?

We have a solicitor in the family, I'm sure he'd be delighted to send the jokers a letter on his return from holiday.

He must be back from holiday now so what did he say?
  • Hello Everyone

I can't believe all the terrible experiences everyone has had with Dreams. If I had read this before I wouldn't have bought from there.

I recently spent 4k at Dreams, including two tempur medium firm mattresses. One came just fine, however the other one is clearly faulty or the wrong product. They had send around a useless inspection company who said there is no issue. it doesnt take a genius to spot the difference.

So in short, I'm coming up to 30 days, should I go straight to Trading Standards? Or is there another route ?

Kind Regards
  • Jamie_Carter
    Jamie_Carter Posts: 5,282 Forumite
    Saskia_21 wrote: »
    I spent £3700 on adjustable bed , at the time in the showroom I asked the guy is it memory foam he said no so with that purchased the bed .
    On delivery was shocked it was memory foam to me it's a cheap way for a mattress and sweats you like hell although very expensive to buy very uncomfortable, so went back to use the comfort return couldn't get a mattress equivalent to the price off the tempura mattress but at the same time couldn't sleep in the memory foam one , so bought a cheaper spring mattress losing £500 on the deal
    Now the guy in the shop says the mattresses get thrown out that's lies reading their reviews they won't take them back unless you use a protection sheet now I questioned that and again was told they disregard them on asking the driver I was told if a stain was on the mattress they are told to leave them so they are re-selling your old mattress after pocketing extra cash from you !!!

Are you sure it was memory foam and not reflex foam?
    Memory foam is expensive so they would be unlikely to tell you it wasn't memory foam if it was.

Was it a sprung mattress specially designed for an adjustable bed? If not the springs could be damaged when the bed adjusts.

If they have given you wrong advice then you will have some come back.
  • Never heard off reflex foam but I definitely asked if it was memory foam and was told no but denied it when going back to the store , but on checking my invoice there is no mention off Mattresses just the headboard and adj beds . Yes sprung mattress esp designed for adj bed
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Saskia_21 wrote: »
    I spent £3700 on adjustable bed , at the time in the showroom I asked the guy is it memory foam he said no so with that purchased the bed .

I can't quite understand how you can go into a shop to try out a mattress and only realise it's memory foam when it's delivered.
    What name is on the mattress?
  • Tempur Mattress I did ask if it was memory foam and told no but that's not my argument on going back got a cheaper sprung mattress was cheaper than the Tempur but u don't get a refund from the difference so wee lost out on £500
  • Hi,,we currently have a dispute with dreams over an ottoman double bed.we bought the bed frame, a sealy mattress and a head board. After 24 days we noticed that it was sinking where we lay on both sides.we've had two inspections by homeserve and they said nothing wrong .the mattress is settling.three months later there is still a ridge running the lenght of the bed.my wufe can't sleep and frequently gets up in the middle of the night to go down stairs.not good when you're in pain and in your sixties.no luck with Dreams .they say mattress is working correctly and will not exchange..Next step trading standards.
  • Hi,im having exactly the same problem ..we bought an ottoman bed and the lump developed within 24 days..Dreams dont want to know.they said the mattress is performing as it should .
  • Nightmare if something goes wrong. Read small print they will not exchange beds for at least thirty days so if there's a problem you're stuck with the bed for this time even though it may damage your condition. . Read the reviews NOT on their website.Ask yourself why are you signing a contract to buy a bed? Trumps consumer act. Buy from trusted retailers _ this company has every angle covered legally _ they are not into after sales customer satisfaction _ there aim is to ensure they do not lose a penny. Their sales pitch is to persuade you to spend more than you intended.. Appears like good customer service but really sneaky sales pitch
    YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport