TFL Yellow Box penalty notice

Comments

• Car_54
    Car_54 Posts: 8,178
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    GingerBob wrote: »
    Do these chumps at TfL actually employ people to watch cameras/review video with the aim of trapping people in the manner described?

I hope they do, unless of course the technology has made them redundant.

If these offences weren't routinely detected and the law enforced London would grind to a halt!
  • GingerBob_3
    GingerBob_3 Posts: 3,659 Forumite
    Car_54 wrote: »
    I hope they do, unless of course the technology has made them redundant.

If these offences weren't routinely detected and the law enforced London would grind to a halt!

Brilliant response. LOL!

So they do actually employ people to scour videos looking for vehicles with the back end a few inches inside a box junction, and this stops London grinding to a halt? :rotfl:
  • AndyMc.....
    AndyMc..... Posts: 3,248
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Do these chumps at TfL actually employ people to watch cameras/review video with the aim of trapping people in the manner described?

Why all the anger?
  • Aylesbury_Duck
    Aylesbury_Duck Posts: 13,874
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Far simpler to enforce the rule absolutely than to introduce subjectivity into it. A few inches over in one case, a foot over in another....we'd have a thread on it every day if there were some sort of leeway, with everyone caught trying to argue their own special circumstances. The minute you make any part of the rule negotiable, you may as well just scrap it and adopt a courtesy system such as the one they use in the Channel Islands. See how far that gets in Croydon.
  • GingerBob_3
    Why all the anger?

You need to look up this in the dictionary.
  • GingerBob_3
    Far simpler to enforce the rule absolutely than to introduce subjectivity into it. A few inches over in one case, a foot over in another....we'd have a thread on it every day if there were some sort of leeway, with everyone caught trying to argue their own special circumstances. The minute you make any part of the rule negotiable, you may as well just scrap it and adopt a courtesy system such as the one they use in the Channel Islands. See how far that gets in Croydon.

I think it might be better if they introduced common sense into it. I appreciate the notion is not known in local government etc. but I feel it would work better if they did.
  • AndyMc.....
    AndyMc..... Posts: 3,248
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    You need to look up this in the dictionary.

Will it explain your chip?
  • GingerBob_3
    Will it explain your chip?

It will explain the definition. I doubt, however, that it will explain the preponderance of some people - a significant number of whom post here - to counter a point being made with the lazy 'chip on the shoulder' [STRIKE]argument[/STRIKE] statement.
  • Car_54
    Car_54 Posts: 8,178
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Brilliant response. LOL!

So they do actually employ people to scour videos looking for vehicles with the back end a few inches inside a box junction, and this stops London grinding to a halt? :rotfl:

The OP said "Half my car is beyond the yellow box (or just under) - front tyres beyond it, rear tyers on the wrong side."

So six or seven feet, rather than a few inches.
  • Car_54 wrote: »
    The OP said "Half my car is beyond the yellow box (or just under) - front tyres beyond it, rear tyers on the wrong side."

So six or seven feet, rather than a few inches.

To clarify, this was one of those huge box junctions - not a small one. Definitely more than a few inches, but maybe less than 5% of the length of the box.
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
    - Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
    [/FONT]
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family