is my offers a scam

Comments

• I use to enter that site everyday for the comps, never won anything
    3.78 kWp PV SolarEdge with iBoost South facing.
    30° pitch roof 4% shading. Installed 6th June 18.
    Gloucester
  • jacktyler
    jacktyler Posts: 2,402 Forumite
    there are some reviews of it on these sites:

mcafee siteadvisor

weboftrust
  • marleyboy
    marleyboy Posts: 16,698
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I used to enter them every day, for a year, won sod all, but then out of the blue I won a PS2 and a Spongebob game - PS2 was new back then, it just turned up, in a big box, no phone numbers to call, nothing to fill in.

It spurned me to keep entering them - however many times you lose or little you win, the more you apply the higher the chances, I learned that eventually EVERYONE who keeps entering them, eventually has a win (however small). Its always when you least expect it.
    :A:dance:1+1+1=1:dance::A
    "Marleyboy you are a legend!"
    MarleyBoy "You are the Greatest"
    Marleyboy You Are A Legend!
    Marleyboy speaks sense
    marleyboy (total legend)
    Marleyboy - You are, indeed, a legend.
  • Ok, I joined this site about three months ago and all was fine. I was getting emails to enter competitions and that was it. Last week I got an email saying I was chosen to win one of three prizes and on the email was my name and two other names. So like most people would think, I thought we were winning a prize each. I clicked the link.

This link took me to a different site and it was asking all sots of personal information, there ws a little bit that said I'd be entered into a prize draw and I'm sure it said 99 people. Now the odds were getting bigger.

I closed it down and didn't enter.

I'm now receiving mails like that a lot and have came to the conclusion that it is a phishing site. I've changed my name, address and email on it as I don't trust just shutting down the account.

The prizes you get for entering competitions are pretty naff and you have to send them £2.99 to claim them, most of the stuff you could get from a cheapo shop for less. I never claimed anything from them but have read around and found out that the concensus is you don't get the prizes after paying the 2.99.

I've seen posts around that say "I've won more than once", sorry I don't believe these are real people as others say they have won and never received the prize.

I'll be giving this one a miss from now on, they have become a total p[ain with emails coming from other sites with their name on the address too, like this Hotelshop and MyOffers (Hotelshop@lr001.net). Blocked it
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    1 Word.......
    Owned:rotfl:

proper owned
  • Edit: Sorry, being a goon. Just realised the whole trail of posts
  • hi regarding this website interesting to see the results for myoffers websit on mywot.com.

i have also entered lots of these so called prizes to i keep getting strange numbers ringing me on my mobil phone and i never have won anything eaither! I thin its a con and think we all should report this website to trading standards. I also am getting lots of spam emails but as yet nothing has been sent via post as yet. What do u think about reporting it to trading standards?
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    pafc2007 wrote: »
    hi regarding this website interesting to see the results for myoffers websit on mywot.com.

i have also entered lots of these so called prizes to i keep getting strange numbers ringing me on my mobil phone and i never have won anything eaither! I thin its a con and think we all should report this website to trading standards. I also am getting lots of spam emails but as yet nothing has been sent via post as yet. What do u think about reporting it to trading standards?

threads a bit dont you think
  • Oopsadaisy
    Oopsadaisy Posts: 1,818 Forumite
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    threads a bit dont you think

A bit what???
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why then you're as thick and stupid as the moderators on here - MSE ForumTeam
  • Apples2
    Apples2 Posts: 6,442 Forumite
    Oopsadaisy wrote: »
    A bit what???

Thready...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts