Be Lean for Halloween with Slimming World

Comments

• mrsp1987
    mrsp1987 Posts: 815 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Wedding Day Wonder Cashback Cashier
    Back home from Madrid. Flight extremely delayed - arrived home at 3am. Just woken up, going to see what damage has been done :D
  • shala_moo
    shala_moo Posts: 3,272 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 8 October 2016 at 10:40AM
    It's has gone quiet, I seem to have scared everyone off by starting to post again :eek::( :rotfl:

Welcome back Mrsp, :wave: did you have a wonderful time?

I've been looking for recipes for taster night too Lois, pinchofnom is quite good. their 1 syn coconut and jam sponge looks quite nice so I'm going to try that or the satay chicken skewers. When do you fly back out to Spain? It can't be long now..

Determined to stick to plan this week so really need to get a meal plan together, OH has hidden the scales so no mid week sneaky weighs and tonight we are having an Indian feast using the new Curry Book so no need to be tempted into a takeaway when he comes home a bit tipsy later!

Meal plan for today
    Brunch - waffles (heb) Apple, yogurt
    Tea - Sri Lankan beef & pineapple curry, Bombay potatoes, pilau rice, carrot & onion bhajis, mint yogurt, mango chutney and poppadums (syns)
    Snacks - crisps(5) fruit to up the speed content of the day!

Hope everyone has a great weekend X
    Mortgage amount at 31/12/2011 £166,050 now £0 as at Sept 21 - 15yrs 4 months early.

• Hi everyone

Thanks shala for the HEB list, I was trying to work out how to add a pic on here but must have had my ditzy head on as it didn't work :(

Not much going on today, I'm working till midday then stuck indoors while I wait for a parcel. Weather doesn't seem too bad so a bit of body magic walking the pooch I think!

B - overnight oats with aldi lemon greek yoghurts & strawbs
    L - LO nacho style feast (must make this again it's blummin gorgeous) and some veg
    T - gammon grill with some form of potato & more veg

No syns yet .. may have a G&T later though :D

Only 12 weeks to christmas how scary is that! Must start my shopping soon

Have a good weekend everyone
    xx
  • mrsp1987
    mrsp1987 Posts: 815 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Wedding Day Wonder Cashback Cashier
    Hi Shala :hello: yes we had a lovely time. Was a bit more expensive and busier than we'd anticipated but we did have fun. The Estadio Bernabeu was definitely the highlight! And Retiro Parque.
    We're probably going to go back to Croatia next year - it's just more laid back and in between bustling and manically busy.
    According to my scales I'm looking at about 1-2 lb gain, which is better than I thought, but will wait until Monday for an official report. I'm so tired today I might wait to go back on plan tomorrow.
    I need to get my form filled out and posted for my flight delay compensation today but other than that and food shopping I'm doing nothing!!
  • TakeItEazy
    TakeItEazy Posts: 2,660 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Morning all (just), can't believe I slept (fairly) solidly until 8.50 this morning :eek:. First time in months :o. Downside, came down to a small puddle from poor dog who's used to me getting up much earlier :o
    WI gained that pesky .4lb again (although not BEEN today, sorry tmi)

Off to an anniversary party today so no idea of food but is a sit down and couple are veggies so mostly veg based. Says party but it's not a normal one i.e. Disco etc just lots of chatting. Son is taking me and it's in middle of nowhere so we may not even find it :rotfl:

Have a good one all :A
    Its not what you do but the way that you do it, thats what get results :T
    Keep the Faith All

Heartbroken 12.12.13 :cry:
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    My consultant didn't have new SOTW magnets. Think it depends on whether the consultant decides to buy them or not - don't think SW give them away out of the goodness of their hearts, LOL!

LL we're not actually having festive tasters until the week before Christmas when we have our party. Glad about that as I always struggle to try to think of something I haven't done before. Consultant was hinting I could make the St Clements cheesecake from the new Christmas book!!!

How many weeks have you got before you go back to Spain? Thinking it's probably the end of the month as that's when most sites here seem to close.

Another EE day today:

B - bacon & mushroom omlette (even managed to get some Speed in there, LOL!)
    L - LO duck casserole/stew (the last of it)
    D - sausages (2 syns); potatoes; veg; HM syn free onion gravy
    S - toast; laughing cow extra light cheese triangle

HEA - milk
    HEB - bread

Syns - sausages 2; red wine 15; laughing cow 1

Over by 3 syns plus 0.5 from yesterday but easily pulled back during the week.

Denise
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,581 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Hope you manage to find your party tie.:D

I think this thread is like a RL group in some respects shala. People come and go, rejoin etc. I expect we'll get busier once everyone thinks about getting into their Christmas outfits. And I think we have lurkers who are hoping to join but waiting for the right moment.

I only have cereal occasionally lois but it's what I always have before a morning WI. When I joined it was a spur of the moment thing and I'd already had breakfast so I've stuck with the same habit. Porage we have about once a week and I don't measure it so the fact the allowance has gone up is very pleasing. I wish they'd put up the bread allowance.;) Is it after half term that you go back to Spain?

Good to have you back from Madrid mrsp. That doesn't sound like too much damage was done.

Has anyone tried the lamb pasanda recipe that came with the October magazine? I was thinking of trying it but there's a tin of tomatoes and 300g of passata so wondered if the sauce was a bit thin.

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, HEB toast, 2 fried eggs, mushrooms, tomatoes, ham, HEA milk for drinks
    L: JP with veggie chilli and cottage cheese
    D: HM pork burgers, fried onions, patatas bravas, mushrooms, green stuff
    Syns: weekend wine:D
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Maman - that lamb pasanda recipe definitely sounds as though it would be a very thin sauce. Think I'd leave out the passata and just put in the tin of tomatoes. You can always add some stock or water if it's too think once you can see what it looks like.

Denise
  • WI today showed a list of 1/2lb.....I know it's a loss but I can't help feeling a little disappointed

Don't know if any else knows but Asda are doing 12 muller lights for £3.

(Tried the mint one last week and didn't think much of it but loved the orange one!)

Is there a shortage of orange hifi bars ? There hasn't been any in my class for a while now
  • BettyBoof
    BettyBoof Posts: 258 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Just popping in quickly to say that I weighed in at class today and STS shala.

I'm okay with that since I know I gained and then lost 2lbs this week but I really need to knuckle down now and stop wasting weeks losing the same set of pounds! I'm signing up for a 12 week countdown next week so that will help me to focus.

Have a great weekend everyone!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport